Any ideas on the name of this iris?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I could kick myself and so could a few others for me loosing this tag! lol

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
South Hamilton, MA

The flower is not fully open so no one could even think about the ID.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Love those dark falls! The color combination is gorgeous! I'll keep my eyes open for suggestions!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Can't tell the beard color, but it kind of looks like Ocelot.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

or Prague.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

maybe Wench.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Just throwing some names out to you so one might be familiar. I'll keep looking for more!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Beautiful #1, LOL. That is absolutely gorgeous.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I don't know how much more open the flower can get but here is another shot of it.

it looks ljust like the first picture I posted.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

and, I knew i'd be familiar with the name when someone said it. Prague is one tag I use to have. it also fits the discription and pictures of this iris to a tee.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I do now see what you mean by not fully open, the signals weren't showing on the first picture. and one is showing on the last picture. but I really am familiar with the name prague.

I really appreciaate the help Deb!!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Yeah! Gave me a reason to look at all the gorgeous iris photos on the various iris garden websites!

BTW....I have some tulips blooming that you sent to me.....a white (Maureen), a pink peony bloom (can't recall the name at the moment but I will later), and a yellow with red (no idea on this one). The columbine you sent is about to bloom as well. I think of you when the bloom.

Deb

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

that's sweet Deb. Glad your plants are doing well fo r you.

I will never know for sure if this iris is really prague, if I ever trade it i'll just say it looks like prague but not sure. it's kind of hard to id iris's I guess for the most part. that one sure looks like prague, it's the only one out of all those names that i remember having at one time .

anyway, you all have a great day!!

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

That is one of my favorite Irises but I didn't know the name. I think me and my neighbor both lost ours. See if you think this is it please. BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62 Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Yours doesn't look like mine. My falls are alot darker than yours

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Yep sorry

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Its a beauty no matter.

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Kathy...that is one beautiful iris.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

thanks, i think so too. quite vivid.

Post a Reply to this Thread