Everything seems so early!

Craig Co., VA(Zone 7a)

At least in my neck of the woods, everything is jumping out of the ground a lot earlier than usual. I guess the mild winter kept the ground from freezing hard so it warmed up early and all the wildflowers are popping! How about where you live?

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Up here on the extreme northern Virginia border many plants are a good 2 to 3 weeks ahead of normal.

Coon Rapids, MN(Zone 4b)

Usually at this time of year we still have snow cover, but that's all long gone. I have plants several inches high that in a typical spring wouldn't be up for another five or six weeks. My hepatica are in full bloom, and they ordinarily start here in early May. If you go into your yard looking for blooms based on when you usually see them, you might miss your spring ephemerals.

Craig Co., VA(Zone 7a)

We have redbud and dogwood blooming at the same time! It's very pretty!

Royal Oak, MI(Zone 6a)

Everything is here at least a month early. My hepatica and trilliums are blooming right now, and a new bloodwort bloomed 3 weeks ago! Crocuses only lasted three days, and the azaleas were done in two.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

The California poppies are blooming everywhere. I'm going to have millions of seeds if they continue like this through Summer. Definately early this year.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Early to rise, but our spring is lasting longer this year as well, seems as if the flowers just keep blooming and seeding, days are hot, but the evenings are so cool!

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I definately think Spring is coming and going in record time. All of my iris have finished blooming and the daylilies are all going off at one time. I've been out tying soap to plants in the flower garden to keep the deer at bay. Our weather has been perfect, in the mid 70's, slight breeze. I wish this could last forever, but I know the Summer heat is just around the corner.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.