Great News from DAVS Convention in Myrtle Beach, SC

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

Just received fantastic news from the convention chairman Ya'll come on down to Myrtle Beach, SC, enjoy the show, pick up some new plants, and enjoy the presentations, visit beautiful Brookgreen Gardens while you here--Everything is beautiful

All 4 presentations are Open to the Public and FREE

April 20, FRIDAY -2-3:30 pm -Growing African Violets, My Way
Linda Abplanalp from North Carolina has given this informative presentation at the national conventions. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned grower, this is for you.

3:30-5pm-My Favorite Gesneriads
Mel Grice from Ohio. As editor of many Violet newsletters and ‘Gleanings’ (a publication from The Gesneriad Society-our national organization), he will discuss the “Relatives” as we call them.

April 21, SATURDAY -11-12:30 pm - African Violet Trailers
Martha Dyson from Louisiana has won many awards with her beautiful trailers. Come here all her secrets and growing tips.

1:30-3pm - 3 Master Gardeners from the Myrtle Beach area

Floyd Durland's from Conway Master Gardeners Association will speak on "Raised Beds & Container Gardening with Emphasis on Self-Watering Containers"

Dianne Davis, President of the North Strand Master Gardener Association will speak on “How to Use Compost”.

THE PUBLIC IS INVITED TO THE SHOW AND PRESENTATION FREE OF CHARGE

Montgomery, AL

I can't wait. I'll be there!
Jamie

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

Jamie, be sure to look for me, looking forward to meeting you!
Lane

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Have a great time.Wish I could be there.
Lynn

(tish) near Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I also understand Lyndon Lyon will be there selling plants. I recently heard they are going to close their greenhouses as they need to be replaced but with cost of new equipment and heating, etc, they don't make enough money selling the violets and plants to make the expense worth it. Really a shame. No date has been given when they will close but I guess Paul has been talking about it for a couple years now.

tish

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

That's such a shame Tish.More and more of our vendors are closing.
Lynn

Montgomery, AL

I have a wish list from LL that includes Episcia Ember lace and will wait to purchase at the convention. Its going to be a 10 hour drive for me. I hope my plants won't suffer too much en route.

Which big vendors will be left for us? VioletBarn is the next largest that comes to my mind. Kartuz carries gessies, but no AV's.

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

The vendors that I know about for DAVS convention:

Lyndon Lyons Greenhouses, Inc., Paul Sorano, Dolgeville, NY
MrsStrepStreps, Kathy Spissman, Tucker, GA
Pat’s Patch/Buckeye Violets, Pat Hancock, Middletown, OH
Travis Violets, Travis Davis, Ochlocknee, GA
Violet Gallery, Brenda Petry, York Springs, PA

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.