About Me

(Roni) Clinton, TN(Zone 7a)

I am excited to be here and exchange ideas....I am completely self taught thru books, tutorials on youtube or just trail & error. I LOVE quilting and wish I had friends locally to quilt with but no luck so far.

I just finished a baby quilt for my cousin and I am actually am making a second one like it for my daughter...I have all the blocks finished just need to start putting them together.
I like to have several projects going at once in various stages so if I get frustrated or tired of one I can put it down for awhile and see progress somewhere else.

I have 4 quilts going at the moment. !st the baby quilt mentioned above for my daughter....2nd a hexagon quilt....this one will be for me! finally! I give everything I make away it seems. I needed a "to go" project for music lessons with the kids and softball games and this one is perfect for that. I need 5800 1 inch hexagons for this one....i just started a few weeks ago so I only have about 1000 done....but I am in no hurry...I am enjoying the process. 3rd is a quilt for my son, just a simple square with sashes.....it is in the process of being cut out.

And last is my "Women of the Bible" Quilt. A bible study with a block to represent each woman thru design & color.... I started that one last May and i am on block #18 of about 60 blocks....I am learning alot of methods I have never used before....enjoying it very much but will be the first to admit I do NOT like Y seams....I have watched dozens of tutorials and still struggle with them...

here is a pic of the baby quilt I just finished....

Thumbnail by aubrismom
This thread has 21 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!