Soaker Hose Irrigation

Lucerne Valley, CA(Zone 8a)

Hi!! I live in the High Desert of So. Cal and use a soaker hose system for my vegetable garden. I see a lot of reference to drip lines, but I use the porous hose that sort of just seeps. All of my raised beds are double dug and heavily amended with home made organic compost. I bury my soaker hose about 4-6" deep in a long slow loop around the bed and I LOVE it! Does anyone else do this? I still need to do a little top watering during high summer (which I do in the early am or evening). I tried the drip type hoses, but found they didn't work well buried (they get clogged- d'oh!). I do use various drippers (I prefer the flag type) for my big garden (Mostly squash and melons) and for much of my landscaping; trees, etc. I couldn't grow anything here if I didn't have drip irrigation. I'd be hand watering from dawn 'til dusk!

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!