CLOSED: It's time for the froggie swap! Sign up here!

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Linda, and anyone around Dallas how are you?

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I am here. Dallas is 8 hours from here, so we are safe and sound!
Dallas was hit pretty hard, but the news reports say no one was killed, and all injuries were minor! Looks like HE was watching over everyone!

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I have a feeling I'm going to have to go buy some other froggies for my buddy- the ones I've been keeping ready are now packed in one of about 15 boxes ready for the move on the 21st! Not good timing on my part LOL..

Oh well, I'll just save them for NEXT year's froggie swap :)

Just two more days... If anyone else wants to be added, let me know before Saturday!

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

You know, I check every store I go into and there are not a lot of frogs up here. Specially not for outdoors. But at least I know where they are for anyone who wants 'indoor whimsy'

Funny how some of us can find lots of frogs, and others can't find them. You can always order online?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Setting out yard items and just came across such a pretty foggie received in a swap...water chime froggie, too adorable

Am sure as I unpack garden items I'll come across several more..

But a did while emptying the big pong come across one that wasn't too pretty...ahhhhh

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I'm hoping there will be more real live frogs returning to my garden this year.
They sure can reduce the bug population.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Just starting to refill and put water feature on..sooo love the sound of water movement...came across a few froggies, they looked me in the eye as though to say, what have you done..they'll appreciate a nice home..I now smell like a swamp lady..about another hour of work and I'm calling it a day..perhapsmi'll do the smaller pond in the mornimg and have the yucky work behind me..

Will look for the solar froggies later and take photo's..they are so adorable lit at night and you can add the frogs singing nearby...

Can't you tell I'm anxious to get the yard tidies up??

Break is over, guess I should find a bit more energy and finish big pond completely...then a long soak to rid myself of the stench. Lol

Hope ou are enjoying your day!

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

...........i'm wit ya, thar tators! maybe once stores remove Easter stuff, they put out more summery things....or maybe we gotta let our fingers do the walking!!!

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

I hear the frogs at night here, but they haven't made their way to my house yet. I did disturb a little one who was snuggled under the dirt when I was weeding. As it gets more into spring, I have to net froggies out of my pool nearly everyday. And some times several! It's ok with me if they stop at the edge of the pool.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Oooh Crit, that could end up a full time job..kids love going near the ponds to see if they can see one..

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Gosh Betty!! When I think of Canada I think snow, but here you are cleaning out fish ponds. Big ones too! Here I am in supposedly sunny California freezing. Was up at my mom's this past week, noticed in her 250 gallon pond a very pregnant gold fish. Poor thing she looks like she going to pop. If our weather would start warming she could lay her eggs. I have a 100 gallon water trough filled with pollywogs. Won't be long and we will be hearing croaking.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Mornimg all, unusual warm winter..spring arrived late February! If weatherman is correct, will be in the 60's today..I'm up and at it, anxious to get my running around done so I can work on the secondary pond..daily coming about 1pm so doesn't leave much time for play..Lol

How exciting the have pollywogs, won't be long I'll be having the same!

Don't you just love sitting out and enjoying the sounds nature provides.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Ribbit, ribbit, ribbit ... it's froggie day today!!! ... or do we actually get the names tomorrow? ^_^

Well we close on our land the 16th. The house will be delivered on the 23rd and we will be moved by the 1st. This will be my last move. I am done!!!

So could my swap buddy please wait till the 1st to mail. I will get the new addy to LK in time for my swap buddy to send by then!!

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Betty, I need to clean out my little pond, too...thanks for the reminder! I'm seeing (hearing) a few frogs here, but have not seen my toad fellers yet.

Yay, Elfie!! Congrats on your new home!!

Happy Easter to everyone!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Same to you, Bev. ^_^

Congrats on your new home Kris!

I will give names out in the morning. If anyone else wants to join, you have till morning to do so!

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

I gotta go froggie shopping!

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

My neighbor (three kids) and a neighbor's husband (two kids) did our annual hide the Easter eggs thing. 25 with prizes per yard, and about 200 with candy all along the cul de sac. Not as many as you would think as we only have so many families with children. The challenge is doing it in the snow. We had to delay by an hour as the snow was coming down thickly and would have buried the eggs. Some parents come out and we have coffee and donuts in the cul de sac while the kids go nuts in their snowsuits looking for eggs. Kind of nutty but fun. Gotta do what you gotta do, weather not withstanding.

Happy Easter all.

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Mary, I love the visual of that! We've had snow here in the past on Easter- but they were wusses and took the hunt indoors to the local mall lol

hey, I'm with Kris.. whoever gets my name, please hold off until after my move on the 21st of this month to send my box. It's now official- I'm closing on the 16th at 3:30- and immediately going over to the new house to unpack the boxes in my Escape for the first trip lol

I'll update my address in the Address Exchange once I'm moved over there..Thanks!!

Hey Chris,,,,,, we are closing at the same time on the same day!!! WOW!!

You both must be so excited to be moving to your new homes!

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 9a)

All this talk of moving makes me want a new house. Of coarse, as soon as I stop and think about all the work, the feeling passes. I got the eggs cooked and the kids will color them when their mom gets home from work.
The weather is perfect today. I keep trying to get the energy to get off my kister and get some work done but then I find myself just sitting there looking at what's blooming. LOL.
Happy Easter to everyone. And happy frog hunting.

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

CONGRATS you two on your new homes! Since I just moved here 2 years ago and LOVE this house, I have no inkling to ever move again!

However...........when are the house warmings so we all can converge on your new digs? lol

Easter egg hunting in the snow. Yes, that is quite a visual. ^_^

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Mary, What a sweet neighborhood you must live in with neighbors congregating for a fun time with the little ones!

Chris, Congrats on your new house, too!!! Moving can be a blessing and a battle!

Well, the cooking has already started here . . . back to the kitchen for me!
Y'all have a nice holiday!

Well, if no one else signs up before morning, you will all have your names then.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Congratulations to all you new home owners.
I am here in this home until they pull me out and put me in the "home".

Excited about getting our name's ..

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Today's the day! Yay!

OK, everyone should have a D-mail, with your swap buddy..

Remember, this is a secret swap, so don't say anything to your buddy, till it arrives, and they post photo's.

If you can, take a picture of your froggies before you mail them, as some don't have camera's.

If you have any questions, please let me know in a D-mail.

Thanks and good luck shopping!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Woohoo....!!!!! Got my name.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

got my froggie partner so will work on my box today .
Happy Easter to all .

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Me too!! Love it, Frogs are gonna hop now.....

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Thanks LK!!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1251222/

Come on over to the new page, and chat while were waiting on the jumping boxes to arrive!

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Yay, let the hoppening begin!!!

We have a new thread for the froggies arrivals! Come and join us here!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.