CLOSED: It's time for the froggie swap! Sign up here!

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Great pic Kris!!!!

Well I met and kissed my "prince" two years ago, but if he doesn't start shaping up I'm going to reverse that kiss and put him in the garden, lol. I have asked him 3 times to weed eat the front yard for me. The grass is now two feet tall, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I wanna join. Oh this should be fun. Any outdoor frog, and I have a water garden, and a 1/2 whiskey barrel water garden if that helps.

editted because I forgot outdoor.

This message was edited Apr 1, 2012 12:57 PM

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Glad to have you Joyce! I will get you added to the list.

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

well, well, well! the gangs's all here! tis like a family reunion! hey thar, lil elf! an thar's beez heaven! good ol taters! hi ya, fruity! an a luving hug ta all me sistahs! HAPPY PALM SUNDAY, Yall! i done came outta from under the table........and done weent ta Church this a.m. so i gotta be sooo goooood. can't have a cuppa til tomorry! oh, if i didnt say, i could use a sweet prince of a frog fer outside. this ol toad here, i done have around for 40sumthin years....an he not turn ta a prince yet!!!!!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I'd love to join, please. Any frog will do.

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

I want to change my request from whimsical to prince charming, please. LoL.

Linda, how did you cine up with a frog swap? Are frogs a good luck symbol for gardeners?

Robyn, I will get you added.

I have been doing this swap for a few years now, and it seems to be everyone's favorite so far.

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 9a)

If you're giving out Prince Charmings, I would like one too. Please!

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Elfie ...... that's a pretty cute prince you have there. Love the pic!

Victoria Harbour, ON

well LindaKay if you don't mind adding this old Canadian gal in the swap, put me down..actually mine can be sent to a DG friend that I'll be seeing soon, she said she doesn't mind my froggie come to visit her..infact, met up with her on the weekend and she gave me the cutest froggie..will have to take a photo

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Hush your mouth Betty!! You're not old.. you're just much more refined, sophisticated, superior, distinguished, experienced, cultured and gracious ^_^ !!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Tell ya all this, I'm giving my 'Prince" Charming to any one that wants him. I keep kissing the frog and I gets the same old court jester. Tain't fair I tell ya. Tired of this game, 35 years is tooooo long, to keep getting the same busted frog.

Victoria Harbour, ON

lol...too funny!

Glad to have you Betty. Your as young as you feel!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Age is only a matter of the mind.......I have no mind so age doesn't matter! :)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Well said. ^_^

My mind is young. It's my body that refuses to listen. Sometimes I think of a great project and I swear I can hear my body laughing and say "Yeah, right."

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Quote from monkeymomr :
My mind is young. It's my body that refuses to listen. Sometimes I think of a great project and I swear I can hear my body laughing and say "Yeah, right."

^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

LOVE it!!!! Mine does the very same thing :)

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

So when do we know who our partner is?

I will draw names on the 8th, that will give you all enough time to shop and mail.
Pass the word about this swap, don't want anyone to miss out.

This message was edited Apr 2, 2012 9:53 PM

Quote from monkeymomr :

Wow,, do we be related????

I have a box full of froggies,, so I be ready!!!

You know, it would help if I would just read the first email announcing this swap. duh.... It plainly says taking names til April 7... guess I was just antsy... sorry :(

Being impatient to get our buddies names seems to be the norm in swaps. Imagine if the people in charge of countries could get so excited about giving and recieving surprises. World Peace would break out. This is only my second swap, but I loved the first one so much, I couldn't wait to be able to be in another one. By buying great things for someone else we don't have to feel guilty and then we get a box of our own filled with things that someone else couldn't resist, way better than getting it for myself.

Sounds like Robyn, has the swap bug!

If I have to have a gardening bug then the swap bugs is the one have. LOL

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Quote from Robynznest :
I keep kissing the frog and I gets the same old court jester. .

Lololol!!!!!

Had to check out the new Hobby Lobby, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would go broke in that store. But check out this frog display

Thumbnail by purpbutfly Thumbnail by purpbutfly

And 40% off too! Love those froggies!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thinking of from files..believe it was 2 or 3 years ago, received solar frogs..omg they are so adorable sitting on cement pond leaves..must get to Garden gallery as soon as I get my name to know what type of frog to buy..they have so many to pick from

We have some neat frogs but they really aren't made for outdoors. I got a huge one a few years ago, about 18" high and 2' long. But he was made of some sort of foam stuff then painted. He peeled and got all yukky looking.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Hey Cindy...I've been eyeballing them also....lol. How many have hobby lobby stores? Guess I better get over there this week.....

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

And I bought just ONE little one for my buddy. I have one just like it and it is one of my favs. I don't know how many Hobby Lobby's there are in CA but this one is the closes to me and it is an hour's drive away but an hour that I enjoy, lol knowing what is ahead.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I have a Hobby Lobby store here.

I have a little stash of froggies so ready to go when I get my bud's name. ^_^

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Linda, I've been by here twice, tempted to sign up, and I can't stand it any longer! I'd love to join this swap if you'll accept an old TOAD like me!

I like outdoor toads, but welcome frogs, too!
--
Bev

Thumbnail by Sundownr

Bev, glad to have you here!

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I have frogs everywhere. I love the little fellas.

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

Thank you! I know this will be fun!!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Frogs and toads with attitude. Yay! ^_^

I have a water frog in my house (30 gallon tank). Can't find them outside except for every once in a while a teeny tiny little one turns up in the grass. No clue where they come from but we make sure they are moved to a safe spot by the pond.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.