Proper place to praise a dl grower & hybridizer??

Riceville, TN

I just received some daylilies from a small grower & hybridzer & I'm so pleased with my shipment and all the communications I've had with him. I'm pretty sure he doesn't advertise broadly so I'd like your opinion on where to tell people about him. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

DD

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Go to the garden watchdog here on Dave's and leave positive feedback. Does he have a garden name??? I think you have to have a named garden business though to do that.

Riceville, TN

Yes, he has a garden name. I'll leave feedback for him. Thanks for reminding me.

Jamestown, KY(Zone 6a)

Or just tell us about him here.

Riceville, TN

Is it okay to mention him on here? I don't want to go against any rules but come to think of it I first heard about him through one of the daylily message boards. The poster just mentioned his name and I searched to get his email address. He asked me to pass along his business card to one of my daylily friends.

DD

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Dixie, it is fine to mention a sellers name here. Be sure to mention it in the watchdog for reference. Mike

Riceville, TN

His name is Bob Harke and I got in touch with him at biobob65@aol.com. The name of his garden is High Ground Gardens & the address is 17500 Battles Road, South Bend, IN 46614. Phone number is 574-291-9380. I already knew what I wanted from him when I e-mailed him but I suppose he can send a list of his named varieties and original hybrids. When I was searching for him I came across some interesting info. He's just recently retired from the Irish band, Kennedy's Kitchen. The Irish connection sort of peaked my interest since I love Ireland so much. I ordered from him, The Mist of Mount Brandon. He may not have a lot of daylilies but it might be worth while to check him out especially if you live within driving distance. He doesn't have a website at this time. Seems to be a very likeable and generous person.

I'm going to have his garden added to Dave's if it isn't already listed.

DD

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.