new 2012 coleus

Mount Laurel, NJ

Yea, I just got my RD order.They don't look like the ones in the pictures that I ordered from (of course!), but maybe they'll become similar to the pics by summer. Nevertheless, they are nice, and I like them! From left to right is 'curly magenta', and 'black beauty'.

Thumbnail by coleuslover123
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I am awaiting my order. Garden is ready but I always re-pot them and keep inside for about two weeks. Sharon

Jupiter, FL

Hi all , I got my order from R dawns on the 19 th and they are ready to start going in the ground. Very nice plants as always.I was planning to re - order from Gebhart some of my plants that didn't make it but I had to sign up again . My purchasing history is gone. Shame on me for not keeping the tag / purchase invoice. And I am having trouble remembering some of my favorite plants that I got from them. I always get tiny little plants that start to pop up now from last seasons seeds.. Most of the time they grow up to be dark and / muddy looking ... But I got 2 that seem to be a bit different. I am looking forward to seeing what they look like. :)

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

What is RD or R. Dawns?

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

Rosie Dawns
http://www.rosydawngardens.com/

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I got my Rosey Dawn order. I am going to pot them today. Temperatures are going down and high winds have been foretasted.

I will post photo later.

Mount Laurel, NJ

Has anyone seen any of the new "under the sea" collection? I've only seen pictures so far, but they look nice.

Thumbnail by coleuslover123 Thumbnail by coleuslover123 Thumbnail by coleuslover123
Lake Stevens, WA

Not yet! The nuseries here wait until around June to put out a good coleus selection. Have seen some mail but kind of $$

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

We don't have any 'high end' nurseries around here so we won't be seeing them in Tampa....unless someone sends cuttings!

There are a couple, the pinkish ones that look worthwhile for my taste.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Jupiter, FL

Hi , I had to look these up . Theres 8 of them..... boy allot of money for them. Park seed wants 50$ for three. Trouble is we all know that some of the the other kinds are not strong growers. I am wondering how these will do. They are very pretty tho. The temps here in Fla zone 10 a are going to get down into the upper 50 s( or so they say). Very cool for April 22 st.

Lake Stevens, WA

Just beautiful! They must grow like crazy in FL. I can't even put mine out yet. Way to cold at night, maybe June.

Lake Stevens, WA

I know a person on ATP that ordered some so we shall see.

Glen Riddle Lima, PA

hi folks. i am dying for the under the sea collection too. i don't want to get them from parks though... so expensive. if they propagate as slowlly and as erratically as kiwi fern i won't be too thrilled, but i just need to touch them.... or maybe pinch them:)

joy

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

They are beautiful - I hope we can get cuttings from some who dare to try them. Thanks for sharing the info.
Kathy

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

I have boght mine localy from a greenhouse. Some nice large ones where 2.99, some 1.50, so it was much less then when you order. This year they had lots of choices, so my shade garden will look very colorful. Etelka

Thumbnail by kiseta Thumbnail by kiseta Thumbnail by kiseta
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Dale, that is beautiful - is it your garden?
Kathy

Mount Laurel, NJ

Wow, Kiseta, you have some nice hostas too. Do you know their names?

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

coleuslover, if you look at the middle picture from right to left is Sum and substance, then a new Sagee, then Orange marmalade and Guacamole which I like the most with June that is not in the picture. I have been planting them in pots to help the slug invasion. This picture is with more coleus and hostas, the second Guacamole, June in green pot and Moonstruck in front with small and narrow leaves with white streak. I got some trailing coleus this year and I like them very much. Etelka

Thumbnail by kiseta

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.