Blooming Today 03/26/12

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

This is a nice sculpted daylily blooming for the first time today.

KEYS TO THE KINGDOM

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Jamestown, KY(Zone 6a)

Very pretty!! Is this blooming earlier than usual?

(Michele) Cantonment, FL(Zone 8b)

This is BLUE DIAMOND MINE in sun and in shade

Thumbnail by tink3472 Thumbnail by tink3472
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks Judy! Any bloom this time of year is blooming out of season for me it is either newly aquired, or a late season scape that didn't mature.

Michele - Nice bloom!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Lyle627 and tink3472, Nice blooms on those.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks IRIS!

Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

Oh how nice! Love the blooms. Especially now. I had KEYS TO THE KINGDOM but lost it in the winter of 2009, before I'd even seen a bloom on it. Boo hoo.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Joy - Another nice sculpted daylily is SONG OF THE EMPIRE it seems to grow well and multiply in my garden

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

That's a pretty one Lyle, I really like the sculpting. Does the sculpting show up as well in all of the blooms??

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Margaret- All of the blooms showed sculpting as the days grew hotter the bloom would take on a more elongated bloom...

Last bloom for SOTE in 2011

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

Lyle, even though it is elongated it's still very pretty.

Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

Those are gorgeous too! I wonder though, if the sculpting shows more 'the hotter it gets' if it would even show at all here? We have pretty mild summers for the most part. Not too many days get over 85 degrees, most of them are much cooler.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Very pretty Lyle, although everytime I see a sculptured one, I think of alien life forms, LOL. They look like they are from another world, lol.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Love all these blooms. Can't wait to see how SOTE does here.

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

Lyle, I am a little envious ! Not only because you have blooms this early but your on going variety of them is endless. I do love yours that have wide sepals and petals !!

libby

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Libby, we are still having strange weather, we will go from the 90's to the 70's by Thursday big weather change but the daylilies are sending up a lot of scapes.

I like the different looks in the daylilies I hope to have a few sculpted ones of my own soon.

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

I love those ,too , and can't wait for some pics of those !!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.