Spring at Kauffman Garden

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Kansas City has a wonderful jewel of a display garden at the Kauffman Memorial Garden. Privately funded by the Kauffman Foundation, this garden is open to the public at no charge 365 days of the year. It is a wonderful tribute to the spirit and generosity of Ewing Marion Kauffman and his wife, Muriel McBrien Kauffman.

The garden consists of several large display beds, fountains and individual 'rooms' surrounding an orangerie where tropical and other plants bloom all seasons. This small garden is maintained by Powell Gardens, a large botanical garden located 35 miles outside Kansas City.

Here's how Kauffman Garden looked today.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

So very beautiful.

Norwalk, CT(Zone 6b)

Too funny--my brother works at Kauffman. Nice photos--thanks for sharing them. K.C. is ahead of us--we don't have tulips yet--it may go down to 30 tonight!
Tamar, in CT

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

I envy your brother - the garden is a jewel. It must be a wonderful place to work. This pot of ranunculus caught my eye on Sunday.

As for the weather - I'd much prefer it to be cooler this time of year. The tulips open one day the the next they are gone.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

It looks like a lovely place.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.