Who are the two Biggest Iris Companies

Wauseon, OH(Zone 5a)

Can anyone please tell me who the two (2) biggest Iris Companies are? Mail Order Companies.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I'm sorta guessing here but most likely Schreiner's and Superstition. I'm sure you'll get some more expert answer soon:)

Some of the smaller places are terrific also. You never know what sort of treasure you'll find off the beaten path:)

South Hamilton, MA

I would agree on Schreiners. Superstition grows a lot of plants but not hundreds of each variety as Scheiners does. Which type of iris do you want. Mid-america has quite a few. If you want reblooming iris contact Winterberry Gardens. Schreiners is very good, but size is not everything. Those grow bearded irises.

Beardless are smaller (siberian, Japanese etc.) Ensata is cutting back a bit so if you want those, order now. Joe Pye Weed has siberians & beardless species.

Wauseon, OH(Zone 5a)

Who has a Mail Order Catalog?

I really don't like web catalogs, only if I really have to use them and that is really never.

South Hamilton, MA

all those mentioned have them, but you have to pay for the first catalog. after ordering they will repat in the next yr.

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

Hi Everyone!~

We also like to order from Napa Country Iris. They have many, many Iris..and like Schriener's (whom we also love!), Napa has healthy Iris and they send bonus Iris with your order just like Schriener's.

We wil frequently visit the smaller growers websites for hard to find Antique Iris!

Have a wonderful growing season!

Thumbnail by grannyh
(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Shoot, I just got a Schreiner's catalog and pitched it. Gave up on bearded up here.
Nope. I just looked and it is still here. Schreiner's 2012 Collector's Edition. Dmail me if you want me to mail it to you

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I was dissapointed that Schreiner's changed their policy of when you reach $80, the price is 1/2. Was told they reduced their prices to make up for it but I'm not seeing lower prices in this year's catalog from last year. I will still order from them.....just not as much! I do like Napa Iris as well....nice size rhizomes and bonus iris. I ordered from several places last year....some sent larger rhizomes than others but they are all doing well. Another iris place I ordered from is Stout Gardens......nice rhizomes and bonus too.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Do we know that for sure irisluv? I've been waiting for my catalogue, but the ladies at the PO must not be done with it yet.

Darn it if they did do away with the 1/2 price!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Yep....I actually called them and the woman I spoke with confirmed that the 1/2 price deal was no longer available.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Well dang. But thanks for checking.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I have been super happy with my orders from Sutton's the past 2 years. The rhizomes have been large, clean and have tons of side growth on them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.