Need lace in sm. quant. for little girl comforter, pls help!

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

My daughter is having her 2nd baby in May, another little girl. her first daughter is 4. With baby getting new baby "stuff" for her room, oldest is moving to a slightly bigger room. The 4 yo goes shopping to "help" get the new things. My hubby and I bought the crib comforter set. I started thinking, with the baby
getting all new things, the oldest should really have a new cute comforter set. I have decided to make her one. The background color is purple. I am making butterflies (stuffed/crocheted bodies/bead eyes) to go one it. The butterflies need lace trims to go around the edges of their wings. I found 1 yd of an eyelet that will work for one of the butterflies. I need 11. Anywhere from 1/2 to 1 1/2 yards. I think the largest two may take 2 yards. I would like ruffled lace, eyelet, in little girl colors to match the pic of the fabric below which I am using for the butterflies and the bed skirt. The little speckles in the fabric are shiny.
The closest thing we have here is Walmart for fabric if you can call that a place to get fabric/lace/trim etc. Otherwise, it is 1 1/2 hr drive.
If anyone has scraps of leftover trim that they can part with, I would trade plants, pay for postage or even pay for the pieces. Can anyone help?? I would buy from the internet, but the minimum amt of lace is usually 5 yds and I have nothing to use the leftovers on. AND it would rather expensive.
TY
Deb

This message was edited Mar 22, 2012 9:39 AM

Thumbnail by estrail1rider
This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!