What is this bush/shrub/flowering hedge

Morris, IL(Zone 5b)

I was curious if anyone could tell me what this is. It has pink/reddish blooms with 5 petals. It is not blooming yet but I opened one of the buds. If I remember correctly it was an April bloomer. The leaves are tiny and almost like a rose leaf but not quite they are more rounded. The branches are woody and do not have any spikes or thorns they are nice and smooth. I did not realize I had five pictures and can post some close-ups of the buds, branches and leaves if needs be. Thank you in advance

Thumbnail by caderacres
Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Welcome to dave's garden, caderacres! This thread is for welcoming new members, but we do have a Plant Identification thread where lots more people will see your questions. Post them there and you're way more likely to get the answers you seek:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/plantid/all/

In fact, that's how most of us found davesgarden.com, by looking for answers about identifying a growing plants. There are lots of experienced gardeners here that are generous with advice, so don't be afraid to check out the different forums and ask away.

Enjoy!

Morris, IL(Zone 5b)

Thank you I found it and got both of the shrubs identified.

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Isn't this a great website? I have made lots of friends here, some locally whom I've met. Enjoy!

Morris, IL(Zone 5b)

I have met plenty of nice folks. I have already done a few trades. I do love it here. I had been working two jobs and now down to one so this year I was determined to take that time and put it to good use in the yard and garden. I have been so lucky to find so many great things to add to that project!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.