Orange somniferum

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

Does anyone else grow this one? I bought it many years ago and I can't say I've seen photos of it on any gardening forums. I don't know if it has an official name or not. Thanks!

Thumbnail by Seedsower Thumbnail by Seedsower
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Holicow it IS beautiful.

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Well it's not an oriental. How's that for a brilliant observation. lol it is very striking

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I wonder if it would be in the One Stop Poppy Shop catalogue

Louisville, KY

Wow

Newport, TN(Zone 7a)

What a lovely poppy! does this give large seedpods? I am new to this forum and a new(ish) gardener. I plan a poppy bed this year and would love a few seeds from this plant. Dmail me if you are interested, I'll pay postage and would have a few seeds to offer you in trade if you like. Thanks!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

That is a beauty.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

The closest I could find was Orange Chiffon

Thumbnail by ge1836
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

That look close. Saw this "Mexican Tulip Sunlite" at http://www.selectseeds.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/053347.3.9357064517210911985

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thats a nice yellow.

Ranburne, AL(Zone 7b)

I would love some seeds also ..Please dmail me or pprice256@gmail.com

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

This one has the standard somniferum foilage. Sadly, I'm not trading any seeds of it right now as I have very limited seeds. Thanks!

New York, NY(Zone 7a)

Hi, Seedsower! How did the orange somniferum do this year? I haven't seen anything like it either. The way it shows a touch of magenta at the petal bases in your picture reminds me of orange Anagallis, the scarlet pimpernel. (I have a blue Anagallis that shows the same touch of magenta; the combination of a reddish center with true cobalt petals is striking.)

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

Hello! The seeds I planted this year didn't germinate. We had a very wet spring, I'm guessing they rotted. Sorry, none to trade at this time~

New York, NY(Zone 7a)

Too bad! I hope it pops up for you again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.