Absolutely guilt-free cookies

somewhere, PA

There is nothing in here you won't feel good about eating. These are not sweet cookies but I sure do enjoy them. I calculated 78cal ea if you make 3 dozen

3 large ripe bananas - well mashed (about 1.5c)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4c coconut oil (barely warm - just so it isn't solid. Could substitute olive oil)
2 c rolled oats
2/3c almond meal
1/3c finely shredded, unsweetened coconut
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
6-7 oz chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar, chopped

(I used high quality dark chocolate and think you could cut that in half if you want to save some $$)

Preheat oven to 350deg, rack in top 1/3

In a large bowl, combine the bananas, vanilla & coconut oil. Set aside. In another bowl, whisk together the oats, almond meal, shredded coconut, cinnamon, salt & baking powder. Ad the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate. The dough is a bit looser than a standard cookie dough, don't worry. Drop dollops of the dough, each about 2 tsp in size, about an inch apart onto parchment (or silpat) lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-14min. Note: these cookies don't spread out.

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!