March 16th, 2012: Blanket Flower 'Galileo' (Gaillardia x grandiflora) by Kell

Salina, KS(Zone 6a)

The Bloom of the Day for March 16th, 2012 was Blanket Flower 'Galileo' (Gaillardia x grandiflora).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2012-03-16

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I love yellow flowers! They are so bright they can't help but cheer up a dark, dreary freezing-rain morning! Great shot Kell!!

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Gaillardia blooms are so cheerful, nice shot Kell!

Port Vincent, LA(Zone 8b)

Kell, what kind of camera do you have? It's time to get another camera and all I take photos of, are flowers. Needless to say, they aren't as good as yours. And yes, I agree, beautiful photo.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks you guys!

Hi Debbie. I have had a few cameras now thru the years, all Canons but one. Tomorrow I am getting a new one, Canon PowerShot S100. I think in 2008 for this photo, I had the Canon PowerShot SD950 IS which gave excellent photos though this one is a bit fuzzy.

I think my favorite pictures were from my Sony DSC-H50. So why I keep buying Canons I know not! I may get another Sony mid size too to update the H50. I like to have a small one to take around just in case a photo opportunity shows up, a midsize when I want to have more power but not size and weight and my DSLR when I go to a botanical garden.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.