Early Spring and Borer life cycle.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Does the early spring bring the borerrs out sooner?
Local news program interviewed Exterminaters who are starting pest controle early,mostly ants and house wasps. It made me think about our friends the borers who may be emerging early too.

Is anyone drenching earlier this year?

Thumbnail by ge1836
Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

The weather man today states that our winter in the southeast is over, and we'll be warmer than average over the next 3 months. I put down Bonide starting last week,which I started using last year, and had good success with it, with no borers on the irises noted. I'm glad I did, we were in the 80's yesterday and today, with no cool down in sight, the butterflies are here, and the icky mosquitoes are out already. The irises are growing nicely, and I suspect I'll get some earlier blooms this year.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I am not ready for mosquitoes.

South Hamilton, MA

I'm not ready for ticks either & had one crawling on my hand yesterday.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

We dont have many here.I saw one in 5 years and it was on my cat.

I drenched this morning.

This message was edited Mar 16, 2012 8:54 AM

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Here are some of the irises with their spring growth starting, they're really taking off. Glad you drenched.

Thumbnail by Cem9165 Thumbnail by Cem9165 Thumbnail by Cem9165
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Nice looking irises, Cem. That picture on the right shows exactly how an iris should be planted. My granddaughter says like a duck on the water.

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks polly, glad you like my "duck", LOL. Annette

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Nice photos.The iris look really healthy.

New York, NY(Zone 7a)

Polly, what a wonderful description by your granddaughter!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks DawnSharon!

Here's my girl. She's a second degree adult black belt. A+ student in school. And a Grammy lover. I am so proud of her.

Thumbnail by pollyk
New York, NY(Zone 7a)

WOW! That's awesome. I did a doubletake after looking at her and noticed that everyone else in the picture is at least twice her size and age!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.