First Mac...uh oh

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

I decided since my last ancient (6 year old) Dell was struggling, it was time to get a new computer.. wife has been raving about Macs for years, and now my step son, a computer whiz (but unfortunately far away) also has been impressed with Macs photo software... so I got one since I am all about taking photos and sharing them.... I don't care what anyone says, Macs are NOT easy! I am struggling and finding simple things like finding a download, or resizing a photo as an impossible task. Anyone know of a great source for learning this stuff? Anyone one here resize photos for any reason? Know how? iPhoto seems powerless to do something that simple. Also, I used to be able to 'right click a photo on davesgarden and it would ask where to save it to... 'right clicking a mac mouse is impossible (as far as I can tell) so I can no longer manipulate these photos or save them to anyplace on my computer. I like the other things about this Mac so far... but have a lot of hurdles to overcome.

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!