Any Nurseries Around Cordele Worth Looking At?

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

I'm planning my trip back north later this week from SW Florida. Rather than make it an 11 hour trip I'll take some time and stop in/near Cordele, take a look at a few nurseries the next morning and then be on my way. I really don't know what I'm looking for as I'm going to be quite busy with 600 annual flower plugs from NC Farms in late April. A few unusual Hostas may be the ticket. Throw in a few dwarf Crepe Myrtles too.

Thanks! Hoping the heat doesn't kill my daff collection before Saturday.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Ken, you can Google "Georgia nurseries" and get a listing of licensed growers around the state. Some of them are small enough to be by appointment only. Myabe you'll get some recommends here but I usually go looking for a state listing when we travel.

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

That was a thought, but it's almost always a waste of time. Few have any type of website or it's so generic it doesn't provide any information. The ones that do will get my business. You must have more patience than I!

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I rarely go to nurseries at all as we grow mostly from seeds, cuttings, gifts and swaps. Most nursery owners don't have the revenues to create and maintain sites, especially in today's economy. As an orchid grower I can attest that some of the best growers out there do business by phone and email. They are knowledgeable and reliable but haven't entered the techno age. Some of these growers pay for yellow page listings which you may find online. Others advertise by belonging to nursery associations such as the Georgia association I was referring to.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.