Have Some Blooms

Yardley, PA

So nice to see blooms starting. My adeniums hardly lost any leaves this winter. I have another on getting ready to give me some blooms.

Thumbnail by Sally0
Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

What gorgeous flowers and so big! My adeniums are outside so they are just starting to come alive.

Yardley, PA

How nice to be able to keep the plants outside all the time. Mine won't go back outside until May.

Fort Wayne, IN

Mine are starting to show signs of growth and I would like to trim them this year. Should I do that now or wait until it warms up a bit more?
Grace

Yardley, PA

This is a great time to do it Grace. You actually want to do it just as signs of growth start.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

I have to keep mine inside also, b ut they do very well as my plant room has glass on three sides,
This is my white one that has been blooming for a month.

Thumbnail by kareoke
Fort Wayne, IN

Thanks Sally.. I'm just now seeing growth on alot of my caudiciforms, my pachypodium lealii has one leaf that just popped out, can you cut those back to create a new branch or is it better to leave them alone. It's finally getting warm enough to start messing with my plants again...{ Smile}
Kareoke that is a beautiful bloom. This nice winter gave you an early spring suprise Yay...
Grace

Yardley, PA

Beautiful flowers kareoke. Unfortunately my white adenium died. May have to replace it after seeing yours.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Wow, that is a gorgeous white one! Do you know the variety? The flowers are huge. Do you feed it?

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

It's name is Super Platinum, when they are in bud I feed them Miracle Grow every week

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

I see there are some for sale on ebay from Hawaii. Is that where you got yours?

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

no I got mine from Mr Ko. (yes he is on ebay) this is my pink one, I now have 27 plants, yea I know, too many like brugs once you get started you keep wanting the new colors

Thumbnail by kareoke
Yardley, PA

beautiful plant kareoke. 27 plants, that is awesome. they really are addictive.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Yes, they are addicting. I bought the little Adenium "Super Platinum" plant on Ebay and it is on its way to me. It will probably be years before I get a flower, but I am happy to have it.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Nancy if it is a good plant it could bloom this summer.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

I doubt it. It's a small seedling. I wish it would though! I love the flowers.

Arlington, TX

Which varieties flower the most over the longest time? I have a pale pink (unknown name) that flowers all summer. I would love a few more like it. Any color but red would be great. My plants were not under lights and they are in rough shape this spring. I just put them outside in a shady area this evening. In a few days I will give them more light til they adjust.
C

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

The one you have us the common one and it blooms a lot, there are very few of these plants that you can actualy buy without spending a fortune, and don't be misled by people selling you aeeds saying they are doubles, tripples, or special colors, this is one plant that DO NOT come true of the parent, you have to take a chance that you will be lucky.
This is my red one

Thumbnail by kareoke
Arlington, TX

My species don't bloom over a long period. The one that does is a hybrid and the seller, snowbelt adeniums appears to be out of business now. Thats a shame because he had a nice selection of good sized plants for a pretty good price.
C

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.