Iceland Poppy

Harlingen, TX

Does anyone grow iceland poppies? I just discovered them this year and they love it here in my yard. Unfortunately I missed my chance to get all the colors I wanted at Lowes. I got 9 large plants on clearance for 1 dollar a piece. I first bought two just because I hated to see them on the clearance rack, mainly because most plants go there to die at my local store haha. Plopped them into the ground and they took off!

Long story short, I got yellow, orange, red, and finally pink, but everyone must love the white ones because I still could not get my hands on one even at a different store.

Some sources say they are hard to grow from seed, some say they are easy? Should I bother with the seed or wait until they are in stock again next year? Most online retailers I checked sold the mix so I would have to plant some seed and hope I get one of the white ones to come up.

If anyone happens to have a plant they wouldn't mind parting with I would love that too. I'd be happy to pay for the shipping.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.