Is it Springtime yet?

Peoria, IL(Zone 5a)

We got up to 73F yesterday, a high of 66F is predicted today. All next week is predicted to be in the low 60's with low to mid 40's for overnight lows. This is not good because I know we will still be getting cold again before it is over. My normal last freeze is in the first two weeks of April.

What has me worried is that this year will be a leap year for about 60 of my hostas. I will have to watch the ground and the weather closely while having a few hundred empty pots at the ready to do some nightly coverups as needed for the hosta that come up.

Rockets Red Glare in the picture. It is in a one gallon pot. I brought about 40 varieties that are in pots indoors February 1st because I needed a hosta fix. They are all growing under lights.

Thumbnail by franknjim
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

That is so sweet, looks like a hosta in a coffee cup. You say it's a one gallon cup? Had a chance to buy one of those last year but passed it up and now seeing yours and the possibilities makes me regret. :(

This message was edited Apr 7, 2012 6:17 PM

Peoria, IL(Zone 5a)

I picked up the planter at Walmart when they had them on clearance for 50% off. Was $9.99 instead of the usual $19.99. The growers pot sitting inside of the planter is a one gallong pot.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I knew it!! That is where I saw the red polka dot one, I am so mad at me. It sure would look good in my kitchen. I think I was waiting for them to come down and then they sold out before I got back there. Good idea about the pot. Anyway to give you another idea, I was looking around for a ceramic bow that would hold a small hosta. I saw a picture somewhere of a ' cats eye' inside a shallow ceramic dish and it was soooooo cute. :)

This message was edited Apr 7, 2012 6:18 PM

Thumbnail by virginiarose
Huntersville, NC

A mini hosta in a cup set, Just adorable!

I should have known Sir Frank is still enabling and encouraging . . .I love it!

Guess I better scurry off to my Walmart and harass them for that planter. LOL

Peoria, IL(Zone 5a)

Rockets Red Glare gets 12" tall by 30 " wide.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.