info needed on home improvement idea

Crozet, VA

I wanted to write here and see if what I am thinking of doing has been tried by anyone here who would care to share their experience with me. I will check out other forums in a bit and see if there are other areas where I might post this same request.

I am finally in a position where I can financially afford to re-carpet my home. For anyone that has read my posts over the years they know that I am a big collector, glassware being one of my largest collections. I have three packed full china presses. Anyway......I have been looking at carpeting on line and then thinking things through. My main concern is the packing up of items I will need to do in preparation for having the carpeting laid.

I know that the rooms the installers are working in have to have every item of furniture out of them. Gosh, that is where I am getting stuck. In the past week or so I began thinking that I could possibly have it done on two different days, with some days or weeks in between in order to set the rooms back up and use the newly carpeted space for storing the furniture of the rooms the installers will be working on the second trip they make. I was thinking of having the great room done at one time and storing the furniture from those rooms in the bedrooms. Then have the installers come back and do the three bedrooms at a later time.

That still leaves loads of packing and moving of items all at once. I am now considering possibly making this as a do it yourself project, having hubby mainly do the work and installing the tile carpeting that some of the carpet sites are now offering. My question is whether anyone has used the tile carpeting and how is it working for you? My husband thinks there is more possibility of the seams showing and coming lose than there would be with single 12 ft. or 15 ft. wide pieces.

I would love to hear feed back from anyone who has taken this direction and hear your thoughts on it. Thanks for any and all replies.

Ruby

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!