6 MORE EB's!

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

A few days ago I got the urge to check Craigslist for Earthboxes. I've never found any but I have a few items that I troll for, EB's being one of the main. Well I hit the jackpot! They are the original style, so a bit older. But look to be in workable condition, which to me is the most important. Soo for $60 bucks I got 6! I'm tickled pink and already trying to figure out what I can hurry up and plant.

Two I'll use as a normal planter for my herbs. I won't put them on a watering system nor will I fill it often as herbs like to be a bit stressed. 3 I think I'll use for green beans, and one for some sort of squash but that is still up for debate if someone comes up with a different idea.

This brings my total up to 24 full size EB's and one Jr.

We are already growing tomatoes, peppers, okra, cucumbers, watermelon and cantaloupe. So toss me some ideas!

Please ignore the awful photo's and my rather shaggy assistant....lol and the very leggy seedlings (those are my ICE backups)

This message was edited Mar 5, 2012 10:58 AM

Thumbnail by araness Thumbnail by araness Thumbnail by araness
Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

wow. that was a good buy.
I personal had no idea that this forum existed.
I came across it while hunting down Tplants post on EBs.

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Somehow, I knew it was you before I even opened the forum!

Congratulations on your score!

BTW, You missed a nice RU in Hempstead last Saturday. You can view the pics and the comments on the Texas Forum under "April 14 RU in Hempstead". Joy is planning to host another one in the fall, probably 1-2 week in October.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Sorry I m issed it but couldn't have come..with the back the way it is riding in the car to just Houston kills it. I'm going to Winnie on Sunday and I already know it's going to be a baaad trip.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.