CLOSED: 4th Annual Windchime Swap! Page 2

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

It's time..time to chime!! :) Are you as ready for spring and spring breezes as I am? Are you looking forward to hearing the soft, tinkling sounds of windchimes? I AM!! So join me as we do our fourth annual swap of windchimes!

I will take names of participants until February 10th and I'll send out names on the 11th. This is a secret buddy swap, so no one tell whose name you're sending to :)

The windchimes will need to be sent by February 25th..please try to keep to that date and no later..

If you'd like to tell us your favorite type of chimes, please feel free..BUT there is no obligation on your buddy's part to get that particular type :) That's part of the fun, to get something new and different..who knows..you might find a NEW favorite by doing so!

My rules are simple:
1. Buy or make your buddy a windchime (let's keep it to no more than $20 plus shipping)
2. Post a picture when you receive your chime..we love seeing all the varieties of what everyone receives
3. Have fun :)

That's it... now who needs a new set of windchimes besides me??

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

Reserved for Participants :)

1. Clancampbell - Chris ^_^ Rcvd from WarriorWisdomKathy (Kathy)
2. FOTV - Susan ^_^ Rcvd from ClanCampbell (Chris)
3. Purpbutfly - Cindy ^_^ Rcvd from Mud_Elf (Kris)
4. Tater55 - Linda Kay ^_^ Rcvd from Purpbutfly (Cindy)
5. Warriorwisdomkathy - Kathy ^_^ Rcvd from FOTV (Fruitness)
6. jab91864- Julie ^_^ Rcvd from Robynznest (Robin)
7. Crit- Patti ^_^ Rcvd from Bettypauze (Betty)
8. Robynznest - Robin ^_^ Rcvd from FLstu (Stu)
9. FLstu - Stu ^_^ Rcvd from deejay9 (Susie)
10. Bettypauze - Betty ^_^ Rcvd from Tina_A (Tina)
11. Mud_Elf - Kris ^_^ Rcvd from Tater55 (LK)
12. Tina_A - Tina ^_^ Rcvd from irisluvr0252 (Debbie)
13. deejay9 - Susie ^_^ Rcvd from Crit (Patti)
14. irisluvr0252 - Debbie ^_^ Rcvd from jab91864 (Julie)

This message was edited Mar 11, 2012 2:11 PM

Chris I received mine from Linda. And Cindy got hers from me.....lol

We cross-posted :) I was just updating the received ones and I went back to find Cindy's buddy LOL..

Wow, I can't believe we got these out and received so quick.. Just our wonderful Canada lady is waiting on hers, which we know is always a bit of a slow time due to the border :)

I know we have a couple of folks who haven't been able to post pictures of their chimes yet. I hope you can get those on here soon... we want to see them lol.. ^_^

This message was edited Mar 4, 2012 1:45 PM

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

I don't have a happy face :( and I LOVE my chime ^_^

NOW you do :) lol..sorry about that!

I loves mine tooooooooooo

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STU!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STU!

Thumbnail by

Happy birthday Stu.. hope it was the best!

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks all for the BD wishes

Victoria Harbour, ON

Doing the happy dance...ok jammies don't do it justice but what a day, filled with friends making soap, stained glass piece in the works, pressies and a swap box..can things can any better????

Tina, your box arrived and intack..there sure was a lot of ohhhs and ahhhs going on as I opened it.

Everyone know I was overjoyed..not the nicest outside so hung them up just to take quick photo..will go outside tomorrow and find them a home..

But not before I have a coffee

love my mug Tina

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

these photo's do not do the windchimes justice...you just wait until they are outside and I take photo's..hopefully tomorrow the wind will have died down and snow off to someone else's neck of the woods..

but for now..

first photo is a solar birdfeeder..lots of deep ohhhh's on that one...

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

and another OMG, this one is ME..country as can be..might have to put this one under the gazebo this spring...next and robin...ahhh want the robins back..another few weeks, Tina must have know it would tide me over until the real robins come chanting..

Tina sweetie, you certainly made my day...I so love them!

The solar windchime has such a lovely sound..too exciting

More photo's to come when I find their home..

I so enjoy these swaps,I've never been disappointed in my pressies...

thank you/thank you!!!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Betty, those are so pretty! Love that cup too!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Wondewrful box there Betty, good job Tina.

Sorry it's late but Happy Birthday Stu.

What beautiful chimes you received Betty! I agree- I've never been disappointed with the chimes (or other things, for that matter) that I've received.

That's it.. we have reached the end of this swap! Great job everyone :) For the folks who haven't posted pics yet, please feel free to add yours, even though I"m going to close this thread out. We do love seeing what everyone receives!

Thanks to all of you for a very enjoyable swap.. can't wait for the next one :)

Thanks for another great swap Chris!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Congrats Chris on another great windchime swap, everyone can sure find great ones can't they and I don't think we had any duplicates.

Thanks so much to Chris and to Stu thank you for my chimes they are great.

This went by so fast,,, now have to wait a whole year before I get more chimes,,,,,,,,

GREAT JOB CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Put me down for your next chime swap Chris..as always, enjoyed it tremendously..

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Hi...Just wanted to let you know, sorry still haven't gotten my pix downloaded. Can't seem to get it to work. I feel like such an idgit sometimes. It is a beauty tho and sounds just wonderful!!! Thanks again Fruit!!!!

OMG!!!!! Mud....how did you do that with kitty? Absolutely love it!! Precious!!

pix: penstemon "Red Rocks", 18", blooms alll season

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Kathy,, just call me Elfie and It is just computer enhancements. Cut and paste works...lol

By the way been meaning to ask you about your DG name it is cool.. does it have a special meaning??

Beautiful chimes for a beautiful lady Betty!!!!!!! Good job Tina!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Wanted to put my chimes outside and take better photo, we've spring weather but I know its possible for snow/high winds...another few weeks and I will post photo's...on a good note, I put in 1/2 hr. after work yesterday out in the yard...chimes from past years were welcoming me into the various gardens...sure made me feel good

We've been having beautiful weather here..it must be 80 outside right now.. I'm loving it :) Can't wait to be able to go outside in my new yard and do some planning :) Not planting, planning LOL

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Finally got pics of my gifts from Susie. Let's hope they post.

A lovely wind chime, a personalized planter, a mason jar with a lady-bug collection that I believe can be used as a pin cushion as well, a packet of flower seeds, and fancy pins to use on my quilting, which will come in handy when binding.

Thumbnail by FLStu Thumbnail by FLStu Thumbnail by FLStu
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for another great Wind Chime swap, Chris. Has anyone ever receive the same one? I don't think so but have only been in the last...hmmm 3 I think. Have a wonderful time on your vacation.

And all the best this week-end, Stu.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I got a new thingy for my puter to download pix, if I figure it out will post this weekend.

Great box Stu. Susie always does a great job.

Thanks for a great swap Chris. I have really enjoyed it and look forward to next years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Gosh I hope this pix makes it. lol, another new puter thingy.

THANKS AGAIN FRUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!, sorry I'm so late, after the fourth time to the puter store and walmart, finaly got my pix here.

This message was edited Mar 23, 2012 7:23 PM

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Today was hot here, in the mid 80's, and it was humid. While I was potting Caladium bulbs that had been in storage since last Fall, a nice breeze blew and tinkled the windchimes under our Cherry Tree where I have chimes so many of you have given me. I thought to myself you all were singing to me.

You're so welcome, Kathy. Enjoy!

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Victoria Harbour, ON

Music to your ears..love the Cherry tree!

I actually hung mine just off the deck until the gardens are cleaning then will find a permanent home for it, likely in the secret garden!

Got to love these swaps.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1249596/

Froggie swap is open...

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.