Scratches on plate glass windows

Pilot Point, TX(Zone 7b)

I posted this on the Handyman forum, but thought posting on this forum also might help. I have 7 - 4' x 8' plate glass windows that had brick mortar on them when our house was built. The clean up crew evidently dry scraped the mortar off which left lots of scratches. I complained to our builder who knocked several hundred dollars off the cost of construction and told me that compounds could be bought that would make the scratches disappear. NOT. I should have demanded that all the windows be replaced before we moved in, but things came up and I didn't do that. Now we'll be selling the house and those scratched windows will surely cause concern for any buyer. Does anyone know if there really is a compound that will make the scratches disappear? I've pretty much accepted that fact that I'll have to replace all these windows before the house goes on the market, but would like to avoid this cost if possible.

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!