CLOSED: Birthday Club Cards For March 2012

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Birthday girl this month is Crystal on March 21. Let's get those cards ready to go!!

Current Members:

Rouxcrew (Joy) Jan. 15
Irisluvr0252 (Debbie) Feb. 25
ClanCampbell (Chris) Feb.28
Goldhillal (Crystal) March 21
Carolyn22 (Carolyn) April 3
AmandaEsq (Amanda) April 6
FruitoftheVine- (Susan) April 9
Crit (Patti) May 10
Mud_Elf (Kris) May 10
taters55 (LK) June 13
GAgirl1066 (Paula) Sept. 1
Ridesredmule (Charlene) Oct. 1
Rvnsbrk - (Juanita) Oct 9
GardenQuail (Michelle) Oct. 28
Dahtzu (Faye) December 25
Hope43 (Hope) Dec. 28

This message was edited Mar 10, 2012 7:44 AM

This message was edited Mar 28, 2012 1:17 PM

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new room!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Ya'll all 'watch over me' and keep me in line 0:)

Ooh, Crystal, your B-day is next. Just curious to know if March 21st is still the sign Pices or if you're an Aries?

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I need controlling too.

.??? Why need controlling???

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Yes A. and FOTV ..... you two DO NEED controling! HA HA HA HA HA

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm one of those invasive species, give an inch, take a mile, runs rampant - that's my favorite descriptive. :D

A,, come stay with me for a week or so!,, you can run rampant with a spade and shovel.

If you were a weed, Manda, I'd have to keep you.

II'll probably never finish pulling the Winter weeds, and before long will have yards of mulch that needs to be spread.

I caved yesterday and bought a few packs of Cannas rhizomes. Those and Dahlias, that I haven't ordered yet, are hubby's fav's. If I don't put both of them in pots, I'm going to be a digging fool next Fall.

I want her,,,you cannot have her!

Wouldn't her gorgeous locks be beautiful on your next Mermaid?

I've gabbed enough tonight and am going to bed.

Yup,, she is just purdy!!!

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

holding my spot... nothing really to tell.. well, other than that in 12 days I'll be sitting on a beach in Cozumel with my son and his family LOL!

Here's the beach where you'll find me ^_^

Now going to hide in the corner! :)

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell
FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Oh Chris.. you sweet thing! Enjoy. I guess I'm getting old, but you couldn't pay me enough money to go to Mexico. I don't care how safe they say the tourist areas are. Not happening. :0) Don't drink the water. :0)))))))).

Have a fabulous time, Chris. Drink Tequila instead.

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

Things have really changed there. As long as you stay at the resort, or go into town with a group you are fine. Never , ever go alone, Even they will tell a tourist not to. The water is filtered now so that is not a problem. Have fun it is beautiful.

Have fun Chris!!

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I don't think Cozumel is as bad as the mainland..and Shawn has gone there every year for the last few years, so he's familiar with it. But yes, we'll pretty well stay at the resort..and I'll take a million pics ^_^

Have a margarita for me Chris!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Chris I'm so happy you'll get to get away to the sun and sand. Jealousy is not a good quality in a friend, but you won't mind me saying I'll be green. :D

Elfie and Sooz - you make me smile. Thank you ladies - see - here's an example of how/why I need controlling:

Court was sitting in the car waiting for me while I fed my friend the goat around the corner. We were heading to Stuart to bury Sally at the family plot, so it was a sad day already. I was sweeping the grounds around Billy's shed as I do every day but sort of furiously because I was in a hurry. The handle on the broom snapped while I was sweeping. It was metal - tin or aluminium? It was not a clean break. Who cares?! The punch line is that that round metal open jagged pipe went into the butt of my hand/heel and punched a hole there with a nice flap of skin attached and dark red blood started pouring out of it. :D

-sigh-

I'll live I think

I haven't opened up my bandage since yesterday. We just came home and put a giant curad on my palm with antibiotics - doctors are for girls - and even Court said he didn't know what to do. Think initially he thought he could cut off that flap of skin unh uhhhh!!! :/

I figured it would dry up and fall away eventually, but you know it's just another damned reason for me to be laid up and not use my right hand again. blah.

so thanks for the smiles. It's very windy and chilly out there today. I'm glad the snow missed us. I will stop now because it's sort of awkward/painful to type for some reason.

Loveya all!!!

A.

p.s. Sally rests now so my broken heart can scab over again too . . ..

A., you poor thing. You need to become left handed. You have done enough damage to the right one. Kind of like me with this bum finger. UGH

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Patti - maybe I should post a picture like you did. :P

A.

Amanda, make sure that wound is cleaned out good, and keep an eye on it. If it is a large wound, you may want to see the DR.? Sometimes they will use super glue to close it.

YA A. That's a great idea! ^_^

Yuck, both on the injury and pic.

I FOUND THEM, I FOUND THEM!!!!! Yippeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have to go outside as it is a beautiful day, but at least now I know WHERE the cards are and can get them done. WHEW!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

hmmm. super glue i have been hearing a lot about. can't one just DIY?

court is going to open up my dressing tonight and look at it. i can't bear to do it. forced myself to nap all afternoon with the giant puppy crawling up and down on me on the love seat. not very restful. hee.

going to see the goat now. he will have to learn to crap in a pile. seeyou later.

A.

Yes, you can DIY! I have know several people that super glue a wound shut, don't pick at it, for a few days, and it will heal. You have to glue it while it is a fresh wound, or it will not heal as good.

Hubby had a nasty open wound about 1/2" deep on his shin years ago from a stupid man trick taking down a ceiling. We went to the dr the next morning and all he did was tell us to keep the wound clean and slapped a big baidaid on it over cortizone creme. I washed the wound several days with hydrogen peroxide and kept clean bandages on it. Never had to have stitches and it healed nicely, but he still has a horrible scar maybe 4" long, which he would have had any way.

Edited to ask: How deep is your wound, Manda?

This message was edited Mar 5, 2012 9:26 PM

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

We opened it up and it looks like I got that piece of skin to stay where it was supposed to. It is a fairly deep cut, but I think it will heal right in place. I just have to keep from using it, and as you all know this year it has not been a problem for me. I was just getting used to being able to "do" finally, and now I have to remember to "don't" again for a while.

This particular hand injury is worse than the last one, but hopefully it will heal up a lot faster.

We dressed it up nicely and I'm optimistic that It'll be better by the time I get married. ha ha - my old Nana/babysitter used to say that. She was born in 1901 and had some sweet sayings. :)

A.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Froot - on Monty Python they would call it a "mere flesh wound". I can't say with any degree of accuracy but that flap of skin is pretty thick. More skin there than court was willing to cut off and he has had EMT training so . . ...

Thanks for asking. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Darn, you just can't catch a break! What do you mean by the butt of your hand? Is it the fattest part near your thumb?

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Froot yes that part, but more near the middle and opposite the thumb.

Well, you lost me unless the cut is somewhere in the flesh between your middle and ring fingers. And I don't want to see a gory pic!

Max is driving me nutz and as soon as I can catch him, he's going in the garage for the night. One minute he's so happy lounging on his bed on my desk stretching his paws out on the paper of my printer, and the next minute he's getting into all kinds of trouble. Round-Up, his sis and the runt of the litter, is Prego. She's always been a little girl and her belly is tight as a drum, growing a little more each day.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

How can you get lost?

The wrist line, then the fleshy part of your hand between the palm and the wrist is what I call the heel. It extends from the base of the thumb to the opposite side. The injury was in the middle of this fleshy part, more to the pinky side. If you look at your hand there are creases that run down thru there - a palm reader knows what it is - I wrote that then had to go find a picture of a palm with lines on it. I don't like what it tells me.

This is where the life line intersects with the health and fate lines. :/

GAH!

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

All I have to say to all this is OY! I think you need to come live with me for a while A. so I can take care of you and keep you out of trouble. Ha.. Like this old broad could keep up with you. In my dreams.

Ray is back in the hospital with a 102 fever from another tube infection and probably has kidney stones. They won't know the results until tests are run later this week, and she also mentioned he will be on antibiotics longer than he was the last time. EMT's picked him up in the middle of the night. Faye has been there every minute and is spending tonight with Ray in his room, which was just assigned a little bit ago after being in the ER since 3:30 this morning. She asked all of us to please keep praying for them and sending good thoughts. Faye sounded good, even with all the stress she's under. As always, she sends her love.

Thanks for the update Fruity! Sending lots of prayers!

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Thanks Sooz. That poor man. They really need a break now. Dang it...

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Neener, thanks for that description of your new orchid... Sounds lovely :)
Amanda, do take good care of your hand. Hope it heals nicely, and quickly!
Will be praying for Ray and Faye.
And, yay! Crit found her cards! Happy card sending :)
Hey, I have a whole week longer to get my card mailed to Crystal :) Was thinking her birthday was March 15, but it's the 21st :) Will be getting Crystal's card soon!
Michelle

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.