CLOSED: "Best of the Blarney" - St. PaTRicKs DaY Swap -REVEAL

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I was lucky enough to have most of the items already in my collection - or picked up at a deep discount! We have places like Half-Price Books, Tuesday Morning, TJ Maxx, Ross, Big Lots....as well as a good number of excellent nurseries. Fruity was my intro to swaps and really taught me how to pack a box. I [heart] swaps on DG. :)

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

I will certainly start preparing for the next swap. It really is fun from the start up to the 'reveal'!!

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Great Mary. Water bottles always come in handy, and I know you were wanting to try new flowers in your area! Enjoy!

I'm glad you have enjoyed this swap. Be sure to check out the link of all the group swaps lined up. I don't believe I host another one until our Painted Rock Swap in October. But there are lots of great swaps others have listed.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1232329/

This message was edited Mar 9, 2012 12:04 PM

Orange Beach, AL(Zone 9a)

My buddy was Susan (Fruitofthevine). She was very generous and provided me with two great books about canning and preserving. I just hope that my garden produces a bumper crop this year and I have a ton to put up. My All American Pressure Canner arrived the other day and I am excited to use it! Thanks and I can't wait til the next one!

Thumbnail by Albeachrealtor

My folks were also into canning. They canned tons of stuff from their gardens, and even canned salmon that Dad caught. Between his fishing and garden, there was little in the was of food they had to buy. And they had fresh vegies all summer long. They even went to farms where you can pay a small fee to pick you own strawberries and my Mom made wonderful strrawberry jam. We just have to move to I can have a bigger garden, both vegies and flowers, and more bushes, and more trees, and and lol

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

There's another envy on its way to you, Emily. I'm sorry your goodies are trickling in one at the time. At least neither of the books were on backorder :) After reading your wants / dislikes I really sorta drew a blank and hit Amazon.

Carey, you know men are hunters while women are gatherers...lol Tuesday Morning is one of my fav places to shop, just don't get there often since our closest one is an hour away. Now when I was working 'in town' that was a whole other story.

My Dad grew a garden, somewhere around 4 acres, and he sold a lot of his produce from orders folks gave him the previous year. Did that for years and can remember pouring over seed catalogs while sitting at the kitchen table with my parents wondering which seeds they'd order. I helped plant and weed, and my Mom and I canned veggies that weren't up to his standards to sell. Really great days growing up when things were still done the ol' fashioned way.

Pacifica, CA

oh boy my box is out for delivery

lol! I introduced my mom to Tuesday Morning when she and my aunt visited last year. She loved pretty much the whole store. There is one about 35 minutes from their house that was chock full of things she wanted. She probably wouldn't go there again without a friend since it is rather far away.

My dad loves to garden. We always had fresh fruit and veggies growing up, although he's really expanded in the past few years. The garden is 3 times the size it used to be and he even has a few fruit trees. My sister has about 15 blueberry bushes in her backyard and she sells most of her leftovers. It's no wonder my taste buds have no enemies. :)

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

hi got the box today..this is bro Sue is in hosp. will have stress test done o monday... will keep ya in formed

Jim
269 908 8396

Pacifica, CA

sending prayers to susie hope all is well!

Oh no! Please please keep us informed and please let Susie know that we are thinking of y'all!

We're all here for you, Susie. Get well soon, my Friend!

Our prayers and thoughts are for you Susie, and for your brother Jim to whom falls the entire load now.

Prayers being sent for Susie and you and Daddy also. I know this has to be stressful for all of you. Maybe knowing her box is waiting for her will make her feel better. ^_^ Hope it is nothing too serious!

Wonderful books! When my family was growing up I had a huge garden and did a ton of canning. I have decided to put in a veggie garden this year, and DH and I have picked out the perfect spot. Just need to fence it in and get it tilled. It will be in the corner of the pasture right next to the house. I know you will LOVE THEM Emily.

Hey everyone,, Just talked to Susie's brother Jim and he says she is going to be ok, just a really nasty bug got her down also she will be having a stress test tomorrow then will be coming home. He says she will probably be back online in a couple of days. He also says he feels real good and the stint has really helped him!! Sounded very upbeat. Will be calling him tomorrow to check on her again...

Elfie

Pacifica, CA

oh thanks for the update kris,
hope she gets to come home soon.

I was at Michael's today. Some really great sales. Getting ready for the next swap! I shall be prepared....

Orange Beach, AL(Zone 9a)

Oberon, do you know that michaels and joann fabrics accept each others coupons. They also accept coupons on your smart phone. I went into joanns the other day and was armed with 2 michaels 40% off coupons, one michaels 50% off coupon, a 25% off frames coupon and then the joann coupons on paper and my phone. I saved an additional 25-50% on every item i purchased.

Holy cow, Emily. I did NOT know that. I will pay more attention from now on. I have a 40% from Michaels. Will have to see what interesting stuff JoAnn's has. Thanks bunches.
Mary

I can learn a lot from you ladies! I didn't know that either! :)

Thanks for the update Kris!!!!!

Am headed to town to put my box in the mail. Which way will it go? Which way will it go?

LOL

Crit

Got my box today.. I am at a loss for words with all the careful thought and planning for gifts I received. Mary sent me everything I love and to top it off she did not know I absolutely adore poppies!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I just talked to Susie, and she got home about 20 minutes ago. She is tired, and sore from all the blood thinner injections, but she is home and resting. She said she will try to get online tomorrow.
She asked me to post here, and say she got her box, and loves all the items she got. She will post tomorrow.

Great to hear Susie is home!!!

Elfie, looks like Mary hit the jackpot for you!

I love all you got, Elfie, especially the skins and beads, and know you're over the Moon having more Gnomes and a Fairy.

What a great, very thoughtful box, Mary.

Thanks all. I am just really happy that Elfie is pleased.

Pacifica, CA

wow nice box !

yaaay susie is home :)

Well Mary seems to me I was really blessed by the Blarney in this swap and got the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!! Just to say,, I really love the things you sent and am going to be working with the seeds today.

The tiny Eskimo gloves will be going into a shadow box with a picture of my son when he was born to remind me of my poor frozen belly button,,,lol

Very, Very thoughtful box!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( MARY )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I talked to Susie yesterday too. And am so glad she is home.

Thumbnail by

GM
well I Have the picture to share sorry some did not turn out so great I Don;t have a flash on my IPOD

Sorry for the delay in posting but want you to know This was Just another
FABOLISH & Delish-E-IOUS Box From LIZ .

For The TASTE BUDS

2 fabolishes recipes
Pistachio cake looks yummy
Mint chocolate chip cookies & The Andes Creme De Mints To Make them
Garvey's Organic IRISH SODA BREAD Mix
IRISH BREAKFASH TEA

For The KITCHEN
Beuatiful Towels Witch I Always can Use I Never have enough.
& Another cup for my collection & Now I Have Beautiful cup Fille with
MINT Candy Kisses MMMM The Problem in I Have to have 4-5 at a Time they melt to fast .
Bad Susie .

For my Windows
a Light up Clover witch i have it up in the window now
& I will put up the Gel Stickers when Zoey comes she loves to help me Decorate .

I Got a pair of Lucky socks a BOTTLE CAP stick pin & a LUCK Little light up IRISHMAN .
My FAV Is The HAND Made QUILTED WALL HANGING

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

oops forgot the pic so sorry

This message was edited Mar 13, 2012 10:10 AM

& Here is DADDY With His NOW EMPTY Cup It Was Filled With Candy When I Gave it to Him Sat afternoon Before I Left for the Hospital
So I Guess you Know he enjoyed the candy :)
Liz Thank you for a great box & For including a cup for daddy he loves all my friends :)

well i have to call my doctor Office to set up my check up for weds & will try to get back later today

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Pacifica, CA

glad you like everything susie, glad your dad was happy too..
take care of yourself and rest.

((((((((((((((((((( Susie ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

So glad to see you posting!!

What a great box!! I love everything you got!! Your dad is one handsome fellow. Give him a hug from me!!

I love the frog in the window and the little critter under the flower pot. "I love my little froggies, love them very much; I would really like to pet them, but their real yukky to touch!" lol. Not really. I gently move my little frog in his tank to get him to his feeding place. He lets me gently put my hand under him and slowly move him.

I second Elfie. Your Dad is indeed a handsome man.

well just came in to get daddys lunch i was able to lay dow for 1hr :) saw jim out in the garden with clippers in hand so had to go see what he had in mind good thing went out sure donn't need lost plants :) i know he is ready to jump in them but i still have to teach what is a plant & what is a weed ;)

Liz :after receiving such nice boxes from you in the pass i wanted to make you a special box I didn't know you had gotten me again, & You still out did yourself again thank you just don't think i can top it till it comes to sharing PLANTS .Hope you will joi us then also
susie

Such GREAT goodies everyone is receiving! I love the hand made stuff and you can sure tell everyone pretty well knows their buddies to a T. ^_^ My buddies box should be delivered tomorrow. I'm on pins and needles. Waited a little late to put finishing touches on one of the goodies and had to wait until I was pretty sure it was dry. Hope it makes it OK.

I am behind on marking who has received at the top of the thread but have it on my master list and will get it done. It's hard for me to set on the computer when it is suppose to be 82* today! I brought the horses over to 'mow' my back yard. lol I'm still planting seeds and it is too windy to take them outside to do them. Forcast the next 7 days is 76* to 82* ..... in MARCH!!!! I hope we don't have another summer like last year!

Do any of you remember sherman99/Karen? She use to be on a lot of swaps. I had dmailed her because I had seeds I needed to send. Her cousin, Kaycee, wrote me back and said Karen is terminally ill. She has moved in with Karen to help take care of her. She said to go ahead and send the seeds as Karen will show her where to plant things. If any of you know her, might drop a packet or 2 of pretty seeds in the mail to her. I have her address. Dmail me.

Well, off to trim my Crepe Myrtle. Didn't get it done last year and they just were not as pretty.

Have a great day everyone!

I Forgot to MENTION The Box Of Irish SHORTBREAD COOKIES That I Also Receive Maybe because I Was imbarrass to admit I Ate 1/2 the Box Last night while watching the Storms Roll through :)
Will admit That they were very tasty Infact waiting for my Coffee to perk so I Can now have my Dessert :)
thank you LIZ for all the Yummies

If anyone would like to send seeds to Karen so she can have a beautiful garden, this is what she has on her A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS list. I've sent some and am sending more. I want to make her time here with us filled with flowers!

The cousin, Kaycee, plants flowers for her and she enjoys setting outside, when the weather permits, and tells Kaycee where to plant things. :-)

If you come across some really bright and possibly fragrent flowers, I know she would love to get them! She has been restoring a butterfly habitat and loves fragrent flowers.

This is part of a ''wish list'' she had made when she was doing trades with us. I have some sunflowers I can send her. I've already sent some Mile a Minute vine, salvia, Joe Pye Weed, some of my zinnia's and sedum. You can check out her list if you want to.

I am in zone 9 with mostly sun.
sunflowers
sweetpeas
salvias
native plants
any flower seeds i can grow here
any vines i can grow here
i guess basically i like the simple easy to grow flowers, the ones that smell good

I don't remember her last name. I just sent it this way. I don't think the P.O. pays much attention to the names anyway.

Karen/Sherman99
25775 Waldon Rd
Menifee, CA 92584

I would just lke to do something for her to enjoy while she is still here. The cousin didn't tell me how long she had, but said Karen loved to set outside and tell Kaycee where to plant stuff. lol ^_^

Thanks gals!

Pacifica, CA

thanks susie, no im going to behave till r/w/b swap lol

oh before i forget crit thank you again for another great swap..

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.