BEST OF THE BLARNEY – ST. PATRICKS DAY SWAP REVEAL

blar•ney
noun ˈblär-nē
Definition of BLARNEY: 1. skillful flattery : blandishment 2.: nonsense, humbug
Examples of BLARNEY
She was charmed by his blarney.
A tale with more than a hint of blarney

Origin of BLARNEY
Blarney stone, a stone in Blarney Castle, near Cork, Ireland, held to bestow skill in flattery on those who kiss it.

Boxes are to be mailed out no later than March 12th.

Boxes should be mailed Priority Mail with a Delivery Confirmation. Confirmation # is to be dmailed to hostess, Crit, as a reply to your buddy assignment dmail.

Participants are to make a list of some of their favorite things they would like to receive for this Blarney swap, and also anything they prefer not to receive. (example: I am allergic to oranges, I don't burn candles, my favorite scent is gardenia, etc.) If you think of anything else you would like to add after posting, please go back to the original post and edit so it is all in one post. The sending buddy can then use the list to help in putting together their buddy’s box. Many of our swappers have their lists posted on link ‘A Few of My Favorite Things’,

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1157183/

You can also make a post of your own! Senders are not required to include every item on someone’s list, or include only things on the list. This is just a guide. Items you can include in your boxes are something to do with the definition of ‘blarney’ above or along those lines. You can send St. Patrick’s Day items or green items. Green flowers or flowering bulbs, paint your own ‘blarney stone’, etc. Use your imagination. Make it fun!!!!

This is a 'secret swap'. Buddies names will be revealed by your buddy when they receive your box.

Please be sure your DG memberships are paid up through March 23, 2012 to participate in this swap.

Limit for the swap will be $20, not including the cost of Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation.

New threads will be started as needed, so please check in once in a while to be sure we have not moved to a new thread without you. Threads will always start out the same as this one. If you lose us, you can always go to the Groups, Swaps and Round Robins forum to find us.

****PARTICIPANTS****

Albeachrealtor/Emily - Received from FruitOfTheVine/Susan
careyana/Carey
Crit/Patti
deejay9/Susie - Received from lizrainey/Liz
FruitOfTheVIne/Susan - Received from careyana/Carey
lizrainey/Liz - Received from deejay9/Susie
Mud_Elf/Kris - Received from Oberon46/Mary
Oberon46/Mary - Received from Albeachrealtor/Emily

This message was edited Mar 14, 2012 9:16 AM

Thumbnail by Crit
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for my buddy's name, Patti!

I have my name too, what to send, what to send....lol

Orange Beach, AL(Zone 9a)

I am excited...lots of ideas going around in my head.

This message was edited Mar 3, 2012 12:12 PM

Pacifica, CA

yaaay got my name

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Well Elfie ..... a box of "green" $100 bills would fit the green theme!

With all the terrible storms flying around the country the last couple of days, I hope everyone checks in to let us know they are OK. If we don't hear from you we will be worried. I saw on the news a church roof in Anchorage collapsed from the snow with people inside!!!!

Now that I have my name, I can start 'personalizing' my box! Yippeeeeeeee

Lol,, nope my buddy will not get that from me..sorry. But I did find something in my own garden to send...heehee.

I wish everyone would pop in and at least say HI. I'm worried about everyone with all the severe weather around the country and AK these last few days!

hi! just some rain here at the beach

Good. That is all we have had too. Glad you "checked in". lol Momma hen worries about her chicks.

The "T" word was in our forecast in the wee hours over night. I slept with one eye open waiting to take cover, but thankfully all we had was a bunch of rain.

I hope you're alright, Oberon, and can check in soon.

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Lovely day here in TX! I have a few items for my buddy's box. I need to get a couple of 'personalized' items and it will be on it's way this week! :)

Pacifica, CA

my box going out today:)

OH BOY. They are starting to get in the air. I need to finish up something I am working on, then I will be able to set mine in flight also. ^_^

I'm hoping to get the other items today and get it out before the PO closes tonight!!!

mine was sent today via priority mail!

woohoooo ..... our little leprecans are hard at work! ^_^

I heard from Mary in AK, and she is fine. No problems to speak of but the SNOW!!!!

I'm glad you're alright, Mary. We had a few "stray flakes" this morning, nothing really to mention since we had no accumulation, but they were big, pretty heavy flakes.

My Buddy's going to receive two packages directly from Amazon. One should be ahead of the deadline and arrive Wednesday, but the other one 'they say' may take up to 10 days. I haven't ordered from Amazon often, and am sure there was a "gift" box but I missed it before checking out. One of you lucky Leprechauns watch for a USP truck.....twice.

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Hey. I didn't get a name! I am going to be late!!

Say it ain't so, Mary?

UPS was a little earlier than I thought on the first box. It was delivered yesterday.

Yes it IS so....help????

Sent out my box today!!! Hope my buddy enjoys! :)

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Mine Flew out yesterday Mary check your DG dmail box under
"Best of the Blarney" St. Patricks Day Swap Crit
see if it got over looked. I'm sure your partner will understand & LATE IS BETTER Then NOTHING :) HEHE
Just Put an extra Pot of GOLD In it :)

I did send you a name Mary, but will resend. So sorry !!!!! Don'tchajust LOVE DG sometimes! lol

What about two pots of gold?

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Two or three troy ounces would be okay with me....um $1750 x 3 oz = ?

Please be sure when you receive your box from your buddy that you post it here revealing your buddies name, and give us pictures. Inquiring minds want to KNOW and SEE! ^_^

My secret ♣ ♣ ♣ buddy was Carey!

The box was stuffed full. Look at the neat things I got…..

2 tubers for gorgeous Dinnerplate Dahlias
5 Narcissus ‘Pink Wonder’ bulbs
A Fiskars kneeling pad, trust me it’ll straighten out when I kneel on it...lol
A cool book of assorted sizes and designs of sticky notes called the Sticky Note Compendium, they are almost too pretty to use

Ginger Tea & Lime Jar Candle, such a lovely clean scent
A book about Houseplants featuring...Foliage!
Hosta ‘Fragrant Bouquet’
And from my wants list an Aloe ‘Christmas Carol’ pup

Thanks so much, Carey! Girl, you know me well. Love my goodies and you too, and the personal letter you wrote was ever so touching :)

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Good heavens!! blush.....you guys really get with the program.

Mine will hopefully go out tomorrow. I have everything,,, just need to tweek one item and it will be ready to go!!

Mine went out today priority

Pacifica, CA

nice box ! well happy st patty's day

susie!!!! oh my goodness look what i got from deejay
the rock is so cool omg i have something you made i love it !
oh where to begin lol im too excited, theres this awsome pillow case did you make that to? wonderful print, a cinnamon fern, califlower seeds, shamrock seeds, a nice plant ,socks, a 2 year planner and look at this mug so cool susie you out did yourself thank you thank you!

Thumbnail by lizrainey Thumbnail by lizrainey

Okay now. Being new here you're telling me you got all that in a med priority box?? hmmmmm

Pacifica, CA

yep she sure did get it all nicely packed in a flat rate box lol

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

YEP IT CAN BE DONE IT WT 10.4OZ WOULD HAVE BEEN $30. TO MAIL IN REG BOX .

ty liz glad you like it the rock out of my garden o biggie but found i love painting my rocks:)
as for the throw pillow case i had the throw pillow also but could not fold it to fit sorry had to make a few choices
also i found the material i wanted & Had my SIL Make it for me i don't have time to sew :)

but all the rest is made with GOD & my hands :) well off to get daddy up happy it arrived safely hope there wasn't to much dirt in the box .

Fruity what can I say, you got me started! {{{{HUGS}}}} I would've sent you a rock, but it's hard to find pretty ones in central Texas! :)

And what a lovely box Susie! Liz is a lucky girl. :)

Mary, you'd be amazed at what can fit inside a medium flat rate box!!!

Carey ..... I "grow" rocks here. Would be glad to send you a boxful!!!!! ^_^

Beautiful boxes girls! I love when it comes to reveal time. I think I enjoy it even more than gathering things for my buddy! I am about finished with one item then will probably mail on Monday.

Mary, you would be surprised what you can cram into a med flat rate box! LOL The more swaps you are in, the more you will figure out how to pack a box! My first few trades I felt like I had let my buddy down, BUT ... there is a $20 limit set, although some of us do get carried away!, and it is all for fun! As you get to know all of us, you will get a handle on what people get excited over. Plus, that is what the like/dislike lists are for. I'm sure your buddy will be excited with whatever you sent. After all, every box is sent with LOVE.

I absolutely agree!! I gave it a lot of thought and tried to make it 'personal'. Like my buddy was my best friend and I wanted to send neat stuff. Hope it worked.

Here is my package. My daughter already covets the water bottle! And I am so pleased to have a new meconopsis seed to try out. They are tough to grow but I have managed to get one to maturity. And I do so love bellflowers so those seeds are always very welcome. And for sure, who can't use an extra dollar to two. lol Not too sure about the business card though as it is not too likely I will ever move to Florida -- much too hot and tooooo many bugs. lol

My thanks to Emily (Albeachrealtor)

Mary Stella

Thumbnail by Oberon46 Thumbnail by Oberon46

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.