Things that make you go "hmmmm" or Say what???!!!! Pt 3

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Me too. Should be a 'mandatory' course.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I just saw that on FB, I liked it too.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Why build them up knowing most are just "getting out" of the production line in HS and will not be prepared for the real world.
I was an older student in college in the late 60's. Students in college were working hard to beat the system. The professors knew it.
One said "We dont care how you spend your time,we offer all the instruction and research facilities you pay for.Just give us your money and you decide how you want to waste it"

That is what I tell the kids when the nose wrinlkes at my offer of unsolicited 'advice'

AARP magazine:

One of the 'things' that will be obsolete along with snail mail.....and yellow pages.....and home phones (land lines) and CD, DVD, BLUERAY (now that we have ' cloud' I guess) glovebox roadmaps, cursive (hunless you are getting a degree that requires you to read historical documents) and passwords, IS (drumroll here...)
TOILET PAPER !

This message was edited Jun 10, 2012 12:06 AM

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Gross. And the alternative will be????

There is already a toilet that washes AND dries.

Now I did see a toilet SEAT that after the flush....spun around on a track of some sort (hidden under the seat rim) and a 'squeegie/gripper arm with water sray washed and dried it ( "it" being the seat of the toilet not a human seat! )

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hahahaha!!!

Thomaston, CT

Very few 'special' kids out there, which they will learn when they get out into the 'real' world....some never learn to cope....

The whole garden is turning yellow. What are you doing? Sherrie says: If it keeps going I will go jump off a bridge.

I aint kidding

Thomaston, CT

Too much rain, Sherrie? My stepson in Maine is very disgusted....said he doubts he will get tomatoes......

Glad I am so far behind that I have not done th veggies yet.

Thomaston, CT

Fall crops? I usually plant beans again in July...also have Bok choi to plant this year....

East Bridgewater, MA

Maybe not enough days of "Very Strong Sun."

I called Agway. He said that alot of people are having a hard time this year. Most with lack of lime. He said up here you cant over lime a garden.

He told me to get a soil test kit. Go to homedepot and get a Burpee or Ferry Morse soil kit. 3.25 whop te do.

I have 0% Nitrogen. From the freaking sawdust !!!!! I was told it was going to happen last year but it did not. Now I have to go and scratch in time release pellets around every stinking plant! If I dont they are going to be gone.

I have posted before about using wood chips or dust in the garden. Big no-no, as it uses nitrogen to decompose.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

I thought that the issue with decomposing wood chips and nitrogen happened ONLY if they were mixed INTO the soil. No wonder I get sheep sorrel in the beds I built out of wood chips! Now I need a truck load of composted manure!

You guys/gals saw what I produced last year. I have never had a problem till NOW. My ding dong husband said that this sawdust would decompose. Yes it even started last year on the top where I was watering. The saw dust was turning black.

Now that I think of it - Jim rototilled the garden 2 times last fall. Then this spring and put in cow poop. He should of loaded the garden up with poop last year.

What to make good compost you need what? Green, Brown and Hot. Right?

I will win this battle as if I loose this garden I will NEVER plant again. oh oh - Jen will be holding onto this one :-)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOL, got that right!

Know anyone with rabbits? their poo is great for the gardens, doesn't have to be aged

I get bunnies. They love the clover. I like them.

All I can say Victor is you hope its a 4 leaf clover, not a 3

Me too!

After busting my tail yesterday with pellet MiricleGro digging it into every plant & then hand fed with liquid miriclegrow. I see improvement overnight.

I dont know which direction to go now. I think I will continue to hand feed with liquid fertilizer. I doubt at this point I can over fertilize them.

I will go buy something to keep testing the soil with I guess?

Thomaston, CT

Good plan, Sherrie! Sounds like you are on top of the problem.....

Looking good this mouring, looking iffy now,

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Full moon must be affecting the driving skills of people today
saw a guy was stopped at a red traffic light then pull out and make a left on red
then in the town north of us(they'll give their mom a ticket on mother's day) tailgating me( I was doing the posted 30 mph which turns to 25mph by the bank, so I pulled over and let her fly by...right by a cop parked in front of the bank...well he must have been at the stinking atm cause he didn't go after her

Thomaston, CT

Jerks make a left here on a red also, if no cops are in sight....which they never are.....

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I have found myself almost doing that, then realize that I can't make a left. I have also made a left instead of a jug handle turn. The intersection had changed since the last time I had been there and didn't realize it. Of course there was a patrolman who noticed my mistake and pulled me over. Thankfully he only gave me a warning. I'm sure he noticed the van was full with hubby and kids and knew I would never hear the end of it. Heehee

Jug handle turn?

Woman stepped off the sidewalk "no cross walk" right in front of me. She was holding a kids hand pulling her. If I did not see it coming I would of hit them. Yelled out the window YOU DUMB A##

N - high, P - very low, K- low.

You will work it out.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Jug handle turn. In order to make a left you stay in the right lane, go through the light and make a right hand turn in a circle back to the same light. My dad always called them a jug handle turn. Is there another name for it? Maybe it's a regional thing.

Thomaston, CT

That's a new one on me.....Sherrie, sounds like my town...plenty of crosswalks, but never used.....

Lots of crazies on the road today. Banner day.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Jughandles are a NJ thing, no other state does that

They had to make it like that to get the traffic off the main road otherwise the left lane would be blocked for miles

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I didn't know that, Jen. Another joisy thing.

Quote from AYankeeCat :
You will work it out.

Wow - was shocked to hear my 13 yr old say a girl in his class, whose family we know well, is dating! WAY too young. Really shocked because they are not the type of parents I would expect it from. Yikes.

This message was edited Jun 19, 2012 10:16 PM

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yep, way to young

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Yikes! on one on one dates or group dates?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.