The Owl, Pussycat and more!

Union Grove, WI(Zone 5b)

In addition to making pottery in my home studio, I also continue to take classes. Mostly to ensure I get out of the house each week (I work from home) for something other than grocery shopping :-) Also because I get to chat it up with other potters and get new ideas. It's a good thing because they run their kilns much more than I do so I get to see some of my work completed more often.

Here's the loot I brought home from class last night..

Picture 1: The owl and the pussy cat, these are banks that I made, the cat looks a bit like my girl Thelma Sue

Picture 2: These are my chicken platters, used rubber stamps to create the pattern. That darker brown glaze is Coyote Cone 6 Rootbeer, it's one of my favorite glazes! (it's also what I'd used on the owl and the pussycat!)

Picture 3: Just another small platter made with my favorite glaze.

Picture 4: Penguin & Peeps! I actually made the penguin a while back but hadn't taken a picture, the glazing could have been better I've since got a better 'black' glaze to use on these. The peeps are my specialty, I'm in the process of making a lot of these in hopes of selling them on backyardchickens.com :-) These two are the size of a very large mug.

Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy
This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!