sales and bargains

Middleton, WI(Zone 4b)

Just saw that my favorite gloves are on sale at Overstock.com Now I need to decide if I need assorted colors or all the same http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Atlas-Assorted-Color-Medium-Nitrile-Touch-Gloves-Set-of-4/6313568/product.html

Also I'm thinking I'm going to get the Costco raised bed for $99.

Nice going on the glove deal. I know everyone raves about those gloves. How do they hold up? I go through a couple of pair of leather gloves every year - wear through the fingertips.

Middleton, WI(Zone 4b)

I love them. If they too muddy I put them in the dishwasher. They don't hold up as well as leather, but they are way cheaper so you can afford to get more.

I have a pair of leather rose gloves with long gauntlets but they are hot and cumbersome compared to these. So unless I need the protection from thorns I don't use them much.

I manage to find my leather work gloves at Menards for under $10 a pair. I do throw them in the wash from time to time when they get crusted in mud and whatever else. Normally I wouldn't mind if the fingers wore out but with poison ivy around here, you never know where those seedlings will pop up. Only time I'll not use gloves is in dealing with potted plants.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Are these gloves good at protecting your fingernails? Because, for a gardener, I hate dirt under my fingernails, and all my gloves seem to "leak." :P

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.