What are these old tanks?

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

We just picked up these 2 metal/cooper tanks from a man who found them in an old barn he's cleaning out. He also had either a water or oil can that my friend purchased that had N&W on it - saw that after she cleaned it up. I don't have a picture of it. I have no idea if what I have was used on a train or not.

Inside one is a material like a crock. It's cracked so you can feel the rough texture in the break of the crock. Lots of pipes where something went in and out of these tanks. There are fittings with Jenkins Brothers on it and on the bottom of one is Duke and a number.

I've googled until I crazy. Any ideas? The third picture shows a 'sprinkler' so it must rinse something.

Kathy

Thumbnail by shihtzumom Thumbnail by shihtzumom Thumbnail by shihtzumom Thumbnail by shihtzumom Thumbnail by shihtzumom
This thread has 37 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!