Hello from NE. Florida

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Good morning to all! I've been here at DG, mostly on the plant ID forum, for a while now as a non member. I've finally subscribed this morning, and i'm very glad that I did. I garden in NE. Fl. Jacksonville to be exact. In the suburbs, about 15 minutes from downtown. I really have a passion for Perennials, and container gardening ( houseplants ) :-) But I am expanding my horizons into Veggies and Herbs. I guess I would consider myself somewhere between Novice and Intermediate. I do compost, and am trying to do mostly organic gardening. Learning the "true names" of plants is something I'm working on now. I think that is why I have really enjoyed the Plant ID forum. So much to learn!
So, I'm looking forward to checking out all the other forums, and meeting you all. Happy Gardening!

Tara

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Hi Tara- Welcome

I used to live in Fort Lauderdale.

I love it here in NC - but I sure wish I could grow many of the beautiful flowers, vines and shrubs that you can.

You will love DG - there are many helpful, smart and savvy folks here willing to lend a hand.

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Good morning Tara, welcome!! Oh gosh, you're going to have so much fun learning all sorts of neato things here, and there's so many wonderful people to learn with! Very nice to see you, and look forward to learning fun new things right along with you! =)

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Glad you decided to subscribe, Tara, it really adds alot to the learning experience here--and it's fun!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Hello, and thank you all for the warm welcome! I've had such a wonderful day looking in on so many forums…SO much to see and learn!
speediebean….I had an Aunt and Uncle that lived in Mechanicsville years ago….I spent some time there after high school graduation! Very nice place…Of course, that was a few more years ago than I like to think about….LOL….

Thanks again for the welcome….Look forward to seeing you all in the forums! :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.