spring 2012 flowers

Lakeview, OH

I am just used to the white ones opening up, I am not sure what these are going to look like. But there is only one bud, there was a second one but I don't know what happened to it. But it looks really neat.

Thumbnail by teddy_8905
Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Are they in full sun? They do not bloom as well in the shade.

Lakeview, OH

Will I need to cover Rosey tonight? They have frost warnings out for us, I think she might be ok, what do you think? Had to change my name because I got a different computer so this is still Teddy but my new name is emptyeyes.

I doubt the frost will pose any great problems for Rosie. She is cold hardy and should overwinter just fine. Tuck her in with a little mulch to protect the roots and she should come back happy and healthy in the spring.

Lakeview, OH

thanks themoonhowl, I did not want her to die. I will see if I can find any mulch to put around her and tuck her in as you put it.

You can use fallen leaves, pine needles, etc to mulch her in. Here is some winter care info for you.

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/1000/1205.html

http://www.uri.edu/ce/factsheets/sheets/roseswinter.html

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

brr! just reading that made me chilly, haha

Palmdale, CA(Zone 8a)

Grr! My amaryllis failed to make a flower stalk, looks to be just leaves this time. A heavy mulching during the colder months will work , like they are saying, make sure to cover rosey up come November!

Lakeview, OH

Went outside yesterday and my Irises are putting out new growth! That's right, it is December and they are starting to grow, so is my Sedum, I think this warm weather has got them all mixed up!

Mason, NH(Zone 5b)

I find it fairly normal to catch Iris putting stuff up in early winter when the weather can be a touch mild. It never amounts to much before the real cold moves in and knocks 'em back till spring. It does, however, give a bit of an idea of how much multiplying some of them are doing.

Lakeview, OH

I don't have any fresh flowers yet, but I am hoping that I will have them soon. I have a Amaryllis in the windowsill and a Paperwhite bulb in a canning jar on my desk under a flourescent lamp so it will grow roots.

Lakeview, OH

Is it possible to have more than one sprout coming out of the bulb? As this picture shows, I have another sprout starting from this one bulb. I thought that there can only be one sprout to one bulb.

Thumbnail by emptyeyes
Lakeview, OH

I forgot how to start a new thread so I will just change the year on this one, I planted Tiger Lilies in the backyard and they are coming up! So are my Irises and my Naked Ladies! It is going to be a beautiful spring I think if it does not rain us out, the weather is starting to get real warm during the day, but cool down at night. But I think the nights of freezing are coming to an end. Thank goodnesss! These are my naked ladies, they look real bright because it was a sunny day, but they are coming up! Could someone tell me how to start a new thread?

Thumbnail by emptyeyes
Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

that's great news!

scroll to the bottom of the forum you want the thread on, then start a new thread in the blank boxes

345, Pakistan

yah i agree with coastalzonepush its good newz keep it up emptyeyes!!!!!

Palmdale, CA(Zone 8a)

No more winter blues! I will see about starting a new thread, since this one is getting long.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.