Majolica

Union Grove, WI(Zone 5b)

Thought I'd start a thread on this 'just in case' anyone else uses or is interested in this technique. I've just 'dabbled' in it but have seen some beautiful Majolica work so have great plans (but little time) to try this some more. I'm not really a good painter but hope to get better some day!

The first picture has a bowl I made (see I really a poor painter!) next to a it is a small jar that I bought in Italy years ago, I keep looking at that jar thinking 'someday I'll be that good!' (note: that green/yellow peice in the background is the first piece of pottery I ever made, it's a coil pot made when i was in 5th grade, about 35 years later I rediscovered my love for clay!)

The second picture is of a dog/cat treat jar I made, I used templates for the cat & dog pics but free formed the bone and paw.

Third picture is some majolica beads I made (I'm a much better painter when painting tiny stuff :-)

And the fourth picture is my "Christmas" bead collection -- the snowman and stocking aren't majolica but the rest are.

Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy Thumbnail by ItsMeChrissy
This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!