Critters/Iris Tags

Prosperity, SC(Zone 7b)

Well I think the critters have removed all my iris tags, I may need a little help in ID'ing some of what blooms this year, as 2 years ago I moved and spread the clumps around, and had a friend sneak in a few new additions ( love that)...Guess I am gonna have to put up a fence here too...My yards is gonna look like little plant prisons all over...so sad...

South Hamilton, MA

Do you have a list of the plants which you have? Very difficult to re ID in a vacuum.

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

That is why I always have mapped mine. The stakes I made are wire that has iron in it so they rust in the ground and after even after 3 years it is DIFFICULT to pull them up. Sometimes I even have to pry or pull them out with a hammer or some such tool. This summer I plan to replace them all as I see that some are beginning to rust through. I tried the plastic co0ated ones but they slipped out of the ground too easy. I have 3 cats and one just digs for the fun of it!
My stakes are safe.

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

i dont know if this is considered mapping, but everytime one of mine blooms i take pictures of it, first of the blooms and then of where it is in relation to the others. all my other attempt at marking have been dismal failures. unfortunately i know very few names of the ones i have, most have been begged from other gardeners.
kc

Prosperity, SC(Zone 7b)

I have a pretty good listing, the maps went out the window a long time ago, as I was working in a growing garden center, I worked so many hours if I got in a little plant moving at home after work, I passed out before the mapping began...LOL...lots of crazy hours from Feb - Dec 31 here in my state

South Hamilton, MA

Well, take pictures. I hope your realize that over 1,000 irises are registered each year. Unless you have some of the names, giving the plants an ID will be quite difficult. We can do our best.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.