Agastache -Pink Pop

Prosperity, SC(Zone 7b)

I am growing Agastache Pink Pop from seed this year 2012. I have not grown much agastache from seed before. I planted about 5 days ago and already had great germination. Can someone give me a tip and info on about how long these plants will take to be large enough to place out of doors. I plan to prick them out into 2" cells. If my plan sounds 'Bad' let me know:O)

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Give them at least six to eight weeks indoors, under lights, before you harden them off to introduce them to the garden.

Prosperity, SC(Zone 7b)

Thanks I think i planted about 2 flats of plants, I didn't know how the germination was before I put them down...I will have pink everywhere and some to spare...LOL

Wow! Hope you really love it.

Prosperity, SC(Zone 7b)

I fell in love with Agastache 'Golden Jubilee' last year as I placed it center massed planted instead of my usual suncoleus in a commercial planting. It was fab, no leaf burn, lasted all season with only one shearing. It was well behaved, and quite fragrant on very warm days. I have my grower growing out about 25 flats to use in more locations this coming planting season. I should have had them to leave the plants in to return this spring, but I am sure his cleaner boys just ripped everything out as per usual (wish I could have been around for that bag of trash)

I've had Golden Jubilee for a few years but it's clear you enjoy it much more than I do.

Prosperity, SC(Zone 7b)

I am an herbgirl, when I find something that will survive our SOuthern Summers I use it

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Pirl, Im growing my first agastache this year. I have 5 baby Golden Jubilee plants under lights right now. You dont sound very enthusiastic about them. Could you say more. TIA marty

Marty - Sorry that I'm not more enthusiastic but long ago we grew one from seed that had a nice licorice smell. It spread like wildfire so now I'm very cautious about them. I was forever pulling out seedlings.

Prosperity, SC(Zone 7b)

Anise hyssop do spread a good bit but the hybrids are a good bit more tame. So far out of all the Golden Jubilee I grea last year I've only noticed 2 new plants emerged...Yay...that is why I didn't grow them from seed this year I figured I'd split what I had growing and it'd be enough with the Pink Pop I was growing.
I love it it grows in a dryer top of the hill section of my gardens and it thrives in the dryer conditions:O)

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks, y'all. Growing from seed takes a lot of patience and I just hope it's worth it. Patience is not my strong suite.

Prosperity, SC(Zone 7b)

You will grow patience, as you grow your garden.
You will see it's worth it:O)

especially if you start growing your own edibles, and watching your grocery budget change:O)

Victoria M & EarthSource Services
find us on Facebook

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

i've winter sown my Agastaches.... Pink Pop has done well for me, does not really spread and I was pleased to see it is hardy in my zone [zone5]

I have A LOT of hyssops, and I'm getting into more colorful Agastaches... I hope to get them started next week.

Prosperity, SC(Zone 7b)

I just love then and some of the taller varieties do very well in my garden. One of my favorites is tutti-fruitti, blossoms are actually a colorful mix, it is not aggressive, and grows about 3 feet tall, Hummingbird mint is an accurate naming because this is one place in the garden where you can always find them hanging out. :O)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.