Looking For donations for flood victims some trades

Hi, If you didnt allready know we had a big flood in oregon and we are starting from scratch! We are looking for flowers veggies seeds small trees, plants grass seed anything that can be used to salvage our small town. I will be coordinating this project since we live in a retirement comunity and most cant do to much and others just need the seeds and will be of and running. I would love to get a few cactus type flowers as my neighbor lost her whole collection that she has had for 30 years+. The only thing that we have between us are listed on my trade list and also we have gathered some tomatoes and peppers that we would be glad to share. We will be more thank happy to pay the postage via stamps or paypal and be greatful to do so!
thanks so much for looking
Helen

Admin note: this is the newest alias for Lisa Zivney, who signed up as gardenelf333 in May 2011, pompuplover in January 2011, summerflower in December 2010, snifers and jlzivney in July 2010, lljjz in March 2010, busterb123 in June 2008 and Ldrz in October 2005. We have disabled this newest account as well, Please do not engage in trades with this person, and please report any other aliases that you suspect are her, as we have not been able to permanently halt her from re-entering the site, and we have explained repeatedly to her why her accounts are banned when we are notified she has returned. Sigh....

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Helen, don't forget to ask your local box stores for donations. Also, nurseries in your area should be willing to donate if you ask.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Check out this thread in Seed Trading - small quantities per pkt but you can pick specific interests from a long list, or just specify "annuals", "perennials" and/or ornamental grasses, vines, shrubs, trees, hibiscus, hollyhocks, or edible crops. The stash has many tomato varieties, and I have many kinds of Bok Choy and other Asian Brassicas.

We have several things from Texas that seem heat and drought tolerant.

NB thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1223246/

thank you so much for the info!! I will do both!!

Carmel, IN(Zone 5b)

Cactuslady: I can help with flower and veggie seed (no trade or postage needed). Is your address listed in the address exchange?

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Hi cactuslady,

You have dmail

Pam

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Hey Cactuslady, what's the name of the particular town you are speaking of and why didn't you put it in your profile? I'll be happy to contact the mayor and see if there are some garden clubs there and see exactly what ya'll might need. There are a few garden clubs here that might be willing to adopt you.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

A., that's a GREAT idea! Local garden clubs are very generous, and will even take on the need as a 'project' and do the actual work!!!!

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Wow!!! Just in time! I have an envie ready to mail, just wanted to check the address. Rick, coming to you for the newbies!

Pam

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

is there any way we can tell when someone has changed their username ?

Lisa Zivney was not the name she gave me I was about to send seeds today till i saw this thank you to the adim:)

Carmel, IN(Zone 5b)

I had a packet ready to go to. Thanks to the admin team and everyone watching out for us!

Elk Horn, KY

I actually just completed a trade with her & she did send me her share. But if shes lljjz also then she still owes me... oh well at least i got this one! Lol!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.