Please read guidelines for this swap below:

blar•ney
noun ˈblär-nē
Definition of BLARNEY: 1. skillful flattery : blandishment 2.: nonsense, humbug
Examples of BLARNEY
She was charmed by his blarney.
A tale with more than a hint of blarney

Origin of BLARNEY
Blarney stone, a stone in Blarney Castle, near Cork, Ireland, held to bestow skill in flattery on those who kiss it,

Sign-ups will be from now until March 2nd.

Boxes are to be mailed out no later than March 12th.

Boxes should be mailed Priority Mail with a Delivery Confirmation. Confirmation # is to be dmailed to hostess, Crit.

Participants are to make a list of some of their favorite things they would like to receive for this Blarney swap, and also anything they prefer not to receive. (example: I am allergic to oranges, I don't burn candles, my favorite scent is gardenia, etc.) If you think of anything else you would like to add after posting, please go back to the original post and edit so it is all in one post. The sending buddy can then use the list to help in putting together their buddy’s box. Many of our swappers have their lists posted on link ‘A Few of My Favorite Things’,
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1157183/ You can also make a post of your own! Senders are not required to include every item on someone’s list, or include only things on the list. This is just a guide. Items you can include in your boxes are something to do with the definition of ‘blarney’ above or along those lines. You can send St. Patrick’s Day items or green items. Green flowers or flowering bulbs, paint your own ‘blarney stone’, etc. Use your imagination. Make it fun!!!!

Participants are to d-mail me their mailing address. Any participants that I do not know will be required to contact me by d-mail with your name, address, e-mail addy and phone number. This is to ensure that everyone that signs up participates. If you seem to be out of pocket for several days, I will contact you by d-mail. If not successful, I will phone to see if you still desire to be in the swap. We all know things come up and sometimes someone needs to withdraw. This is not a problem as long as you have not already received your box from your swap buddy. I need to have some way to contact you so your partner will know the box might be late and will not be left out of the swap. I appreciate your understanding on this. Please be sure your DG memberships are paid up through March 23, 2012 to participate in this swap.

Limit for the swap will be $20, not including the cost of Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation.

If you are interested in this swap, please indicate interest in a post below. Sign-ups will be until 11:59 a.m. CST March 2, 2012, with buddies assigned shortly thereafter. Boxes are to be sent out by March 12, 2012. Please dmail your delivery confirmation number to Crit.

New threads will be started as needed, so please check in once in a while to be sure we have not moved to a new thread without you. Threads will always start out the same as this one, with something other than 'Interest Thread' in the heading. New room numbers/links will be posted at the end of the previous thread. If you lose us, you can always go to the Groups, Swaps and Round Robins forum to find us.

I think this will be a fun swap and hope everyone else does too.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

****PARTICIPANTS****

Albeachrealtor/Emily
careyana/Carey
Crit/Patti
deejay9/Susie
FruitOfTheVIne/Susan
lizrainey/Liz
Mud_Elf/Kris
Oberon46/Mary

This message was edited Mar 2, 2012 9:54 AM

Thumbnail by Crit
Pacifica, CA

ha ha am i the first

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

I "ll try to be one of your blarney's :)

Pacifica, CA

yaaaay company lol

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

WELCOME GALS!!!!!!! Spread the word! ^_^

I might join,, need to see if I will have the finances first. Will let you know by next week.

GREAT! Just let me know. I certainly understand 'finances'.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

I'll play. Have already gathered some "greens".

Pacifica, CA

my box is already ready lol

I'm working on mine its drying As I Type :)))

Ok,,I am in. Got the budget fixed,

YIPPEEEEE! Glad to have you all join! LOL @ Liz!

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

I only have poppy seeds right now. Can I still join? All seeds from last year.

This isn't specifically a 'seed' swap. This is a goodies swap. You can send things that are green, St. Patricks themed, candles, kitchen gadgets, gardening items, etc. Of course, I've never heard of anyone turning down seeds! LOL

This is a link to our Valentines thread that you can look at to get some idea's of what people sent/received. We would LOVE to have you join us!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1240502/

If you have any more questions, just let me know. Dmail me if you would be more comfortable that way.

I was going to send you a dmail anyway. I found a page that I had printed out from last year for ws'ing and it has LOTS of things that can be ws'd. I'll see if it is still there and send you a current link by dmail.

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Okay Crit, you've convinced me. I'm in!

I'm sad I missed out on the Christmas swap this year, but things were a little stressful...but not any more! This will give me something to do while DH is out of town next week. :)

I cannot wait for Ralph to take me shopping!!!

YIPPEEE!!!!! Glad to have you girls!

opsss. Guess I should read more closely

LOL!!!!! I just answered your dmail too. ^_^

^-^

Well, that didn't work. -

This message was edited Feb 26, 2012 4:16 PM

That didn't either. no smily face :(

This message was edited Feb 26, 2012 4:16 PM

It is the upper case underline _ ^ _ ^ ^_^

Going shopping today!!

thank you
This message was edited Feb 27, 2012 7:30 AM

This message was edited Feb 27, 2012 7:30 AM

Oberon46,,,,,,,, My son was born in Anchorage. In 1979, I remember my belly button was freezing the whole time,,Lo

LOL Kris on your bellybutton!!!!!!

Getting ready to go to town myself. I may need a bigger box!

I bet it was. '79 to '80 or so were the last of the really bad years for cold winters. Even in Anchorage. Should have been in Fairbanks. It would have fallen off.

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I've got at least one item ready to go! So excited!!!

Man,, I found ZIP while out shopping today!! what is up with that??

Kriss as crafty as you are I'm sure you can find green items & get create a great box :) or even a MINI Garden with minnie little Leprechan s MS:) You know what i mean to early to spell this mornning ;0
I Have mine ready to go :)

LOL @ Kris. I was the same way the 1st time I went shopping. Then the 2nd time I loaded up my box!!!!

YES! Crafty items are good too deejay!

Spread the word on your other threads to see if anyone else wants to join our swap.

Humm, well that is a great idea!! I will try to get my room done today and start working in there this weekend!!

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Sorry, I won't be able to join this one... my husband's still job hunting. But it will be interesting to see what everyone receives :)
Michelle

Good luck to your husband Michelle. We'll hold a strong positive thought for him in his search.

Thanks for dropping by Michelle. Will keep your DH in my prayers!

Sign up time is closing in a few days. Please be sure your likes/dislikes are listed on "A few of my favorite things". http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1157183/

Are there just the 6 players listed up top, Patti?

Yes ma'am. That is all that has signed up

We had a small group too in last year's Thanksgiving swap but it was still great!

Pacifica, CA

wow where is everyone?

this will be fun regardless how many we have!!! :)

did you girls get your corned beef yet Costco has them out already.

Ohhhh. Good idea. Love corned beef. Course D doesn't like it but I am fully capable of eating it for a week. Yum

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.