too late for tulip and daffodil bulbs?

Manchester, TN

Ok, for various reasons, one of which is the rainiest winter I can remember, I still have tulip and daffodil bulbs in my refrigerator that have not been planted. Please tell me what to do!! I'm in middle Tennessee

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

I would plant them either in pots or in the ground. I was really behind in getting the last of the bulbs planted, I put the last few in the ground and pots in the last month. Today, I was out adding plants to some of the pots, and the bulbs most recently planted were already making roots. Mine were kept on the back deck in a box since the fall, and they seem to be doing fine. Since your bulbs may get planted so late, they may bloom later.

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

I second the plant them. I'm in the same boat with some and they may go into the ground this week.

Manchester, TN

Planting is what I was leaning toward. Figured that's the only chance they would have - thanks!!

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I was at the Atlanta Botanical Garden this week and they've just finished planting them. I know this for sure because I was there the week before when they were preparing the beds.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.