Just when you thought it was safe............

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I'm baaacccckkkk! After a few months of being absent when sub.expired and I was so busy,I'm just now getting around to renewing...so L@@K OUT!

P

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Hey Peggy and welcome back!! Good to hear from you once again! You've got a lot of catching up to do, lol!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Welcome back! Just in time for spring planting season!

Genna

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the welcome. Looks like I'm going to get some yard time this week. Temps are looking good. Just have to get my Mardi Gras Tasting Party done today and then I'll be in the dirt playing the rest of the week,weather premitting.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hey Peggy, tell us more about this Mardi Gras tasting party. That sounds like fun! What are we tasting? Anything with chocolate on it????

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Butterflychaser...no chocolate this go round. One of my co-hostessses wants to do chinese next but we hope to have a chocolate tasting party some time in the future. I googled chocolate tasting party and it recommended 12 types of chocolate w/ 12 types of wine....??? I don't think I have the constitution for 12 wines. Oh well...swish and spit...wine but I would never swish and spit good chocolate...LOL

Thumbnail by bigred Thumbnail by bigred
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Oh wow, what a party!! That table looks irresistible!! So this is an annual event--a tasting party?

12 kinds of chocolate I could do easily. 12 wines, not so much, but I'd sure give it a try! Will we have a designated driver???

NancyAnn

Oooooo, yummy! That looks so good, Peg, and fun!! I'm trying to imagine what everything is, but I'm sure it's good Cajun and Louisiana stuff! "Laissez les bons temps rouler"!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

We had Osters Beinville,a fried shrimp wrap,shrimp dressing,shrimp potato salad,jambala(sp?),mushrooms stuffed w/ a chicken mix,cherry tomatoes stuffed w/ ricotta mixture,bruschetta w/toasted french bread,little meat pies,Lime Margarita bars w/ rum flavored whip cream,tea and water.I'm sure I'm forgetting something. This was our first party but we hope to have one every 3-4 months.Another of my co-hostesses wants to do 4th of July.I have dibs on Oct. because Halloween is my annual party for several years and I've already started collecting oogy recipes and making more props.

I have a large house w/ spare bedroom,a blow up mattress,two comfy couches and a rental cabin just next door that sleeps 2 so let the chocolate and wine flow....LOL

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Oh wow! Aren't you the most perfect hostess? I love Halloween. Isn't it a fun holiday to play with? Do you have pictures from previous halloween parties? I'd love to see!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh that was a bad question to ask...Bwa-ha-ha-ha! Some of my garden related props

Thumbnail by bigred
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Oh, I love that!! That's so cool!!!

Too funny! We already know about your Halloween stuff. This is just a small taste y'all. Picabo, who used to post around here a lot, always had a great Halloween party also. Plus she always had a very simple and creative costume, and she always left a few rubber mice in strategic places around her house...like near her DH's cereal bowl in the mornings, on the mantle, etc and kept moving them around. All great fun, of course.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Where is Picabo?

Here the haunted funeral parlor and lady in the coffin w/ baby. Family was poor so we had to chop er legs off to fit in shorter,cheaper box

Thumbnail by bigred Thumbnail by bigred
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I also decorated for Our Feb. Garden Club meeting...a little Jr. High school sweetheart dancey looking...LOL

Thumbnail by bigred
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I love that funeral parlor. You're so creative! I also love that china cabinet. It would match my dining room set. I NEED it! LOL

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I have 2. Both full because I love to party.

For some reason I'm not able to attach any more pictures.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Very nice!

Where is picabo? I haven't seen her post in forever??? anyone correspond with her?

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

I see her post on FB

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh, I guess I don't have her as a friend on FB..... just wondered if everything was ok.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I don't know her real name so can't say hi on FB

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Hey Peg I see you are loving your new room. Y'all did a great job.

Betty we've been missing you around midsouth too. tortoisekeeper We are going to Forrest hill march 15 wish you could join us.

I haven't seen Picabo Betty in a long time either.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Hey River,
Yeah,it catches a lot of parties.Don't think I have any more scheduled until Oct. big blow out. Halloween falls on a Wed. this year so we'll have our big celebration on the Sat. before to corespond w/ fire dept's hayride then catch more on the 31st early in the eve so T&Ters can get back home early for school next day. Already working on new props w/ a long list to do before event. Adding Zombie room,CSI room will return and haunted parlor will turn into "Don't Tell Momma I Killed/Ate the Babysitter" room w/ lots of demon babies.
Applied to be on HGTV's Home Halloween Haunt 2012...keep your fingers crossed I get selected...not a big chance but you never know until you try.
Would like to do a Zombie Walk ending w/ Zumba class doing Thriller but it's hard to get people to participate.

Peg, that sounds awesome!! Good luck with the HGTV application! Heck, if I knew I would make it on HGTV's show, I'd come out and be on your Zombie Walk/Zumba Thriller thing!

I have d-mailed Picabo/Betty, but not in a while. She has been painting and some other stuff and I'm sure she is quite busy. I believe entered (and won) some categories last year and placed this year with her art and other categories (quilting?) on DG's county fair.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh I SO want to go back to Forrest Hill !!! :(

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Boogers in the bushes

Thumbnail by bigred
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Ooooooh, I'm a-skeered!!!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

couple of friends "spinning" web for giant spider

butterfly...be afraid...be very afraid...LOL

Thumbnail by bigred
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I love your halloween decor! You get so creative!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks. I'm trying to teach a few ladies the fine art of paper mache.

CSI scene in the kitchen where I commit most of my (culinary) crimes...LOL

Thumbnail by bigred
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

That's really cool, Peggy!!! I'd love to see your place at Halloween...but I don't think I'd go in there alone!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.