echies: deals ? duds ?

Rancho Santa Rita, TX(Zone 8a)

Looking at all the echinaceas online:

which of them (excluding yellow),
are deals for you ?

which are duds ?

Lake Stevens, WA

Tomato Soup and Tiki Torch. I have bought 2 of them both and they died.

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

I like Flame Thrower. It stayed green all winter. This is it's third year and it's still going strong. The Pow Wow varieties are awesome too.

I'm growing more Gaillardias from seeds this year instead of new Echinaceas.

Duds: almost all Terra Nova Echinaceas! I've had good luck with Flame Thrower and Fragrant Angel though.

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

I like the 'Summer Sky' echinaceas that I put in last year. Mainly, because they look like they are coming back. I've had bad luck with a lot of the pink doubles not returning the following year.

As you can see in the pic, the bicolors that you are supposed to see in Summer Sky are not as vibrant as the plant tag described for me---but they bloomed very prolifically and for a very long time, so I'm pleased. I paired them with some pink double knockout roses.

The pow wow wild berries are definitely my favorite though. Beautiful color. I don't have any pics of those for some reason.

Thumbnail by kosk0025
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I had good luck with Powwow berry, Big sky sundown, Amazing Dream, Secret Passion, and Daydream and of course Eastern Purple coneflower. The ones that died are Tangering Dream, Maui Sunshine, Red kneehigh, White powwow and Secret Joy. Probably my fault partly for having poor drainage. My allstar best was the Powwow Berry.

Thumbnail by virginiarose

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.