Florist's Cineraria 'Senetti Blue Bicolor'

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Florist's Cineraria 'Senetti Blue Bicolor'
Pericallis

Thumbnail by sunnyg
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I saw this photo down the line on the PF pics and I just knew it was yours! You have your own style! So pretty!

Too funny! Thanks so much Kelley!

This message was edited Feb 15, 2012 1:12 PM

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I love Cineraria! And this is Cineraria season. I remember years and years ago when I first moved here, my neighbor had these growing en masses in her front garden. They were so pretty! And they would come up on their own every late winter. I could never get them going in my yard for some reason.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Absolutely stunning!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Gorgeous! Thanks for pointing me here Pirl!

Couldn't resist, Celeste. It's really art work.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Art work for the garden! Though I just love this photo more! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=9007622 Such color! Definitely a BOTD photo!

Hey Priya, tell me again what camera you are using these days. New lens? Such colors you are getting in all your shots. I just commented on one of your photos you posted on Annie's Annuals. Today is a Priya day for sure.

That's also gorgeous but if I could only have one I'd select the BOTD. Good choice, Kell.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I have a good story for you, Pirl! We have been out to dinner every night since Thursday. So today I needed to go food shopping and actually make a dinner which I hate. I waited too long and it was 5 and too late to shop so I decide to make tuna casserole which I have not made for maybe 10 years but figure I have the ingredients for at home for at least a minimalist version. Then I find I have no noodles. Shamelessly, I call Tom at 5:30 on his way home to stop at store. He is delayed with a late appointment, feels I should go not him so out I must go. I decide then since I had to go to store to make tuna casserole with all the fixings, potato chips on top, celery, mushrooms, peas, Velveeta cheese and onions. So I buy it all and come home. I put it all together with crushed chips on top. It looks great. In the oven it goes. As it cooks, I am sitting at my computer feeling quite chuffed with myself for actually making dinner even if by now it is almost 8 and Tom is starved. As I sip my wine feeling like I am a good housewife kind of today, I realize I forgot to put in any tuna fish! LOL It is so hard to be me sometimes. Lets see if Tom notices. LOL

How hysterical is that? What was his reaction?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

He did not notice or maybe decided not to say anything! I think he was so hungry he was happy for anything. It is hard being me but I think it might be harder being married to me for so long! LOL Gosh, I have to cook tonight then out again for the rest of the weekend. Thank God. Tonight I am making a new recipe. Tom best eat something before he comes home.

Saint Tom!

Thank you Kelley, Pirl, and pixie62560 for the kind comments on my photo!

Kelley, I'm using a Pentax K-5, and while it's not as small as I would have liked, it's still really small for what it is. I took the photo above with a tamron 90mm macro lens that I was testing. We were trying to decide between that lens and the Pentax 100mm macro, which eventually won out...so I no longer have the tamron. It was a tough decision, but I feel good about the choice. What is the status of your camera these days? Did everything finally get fixed? Btw, your 'vegetarian' tuna casserole story was hilarious! :-)

You did the work, we just got to compliment it.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I need to write down what you use. I haven't been looking lately. I still need a small one to replace my Canon S90. I am thinking Sony will be coming out with a new tiny one soon and may get that. I love my bigger Sony. A guy on Flickr has impressed me with the pics he takes with a tiny Sony! I still have the Canon T2i and I bought a new $800 lens. Not so great. I think this particular camera I bought has problems and I so wish I had not kept it. I have spent so much money on it, it makes me angry. I think I looked at yours before but will have to go look at it again.

I am so bad at cooking. I truly excel at eating just do not ask me to cook. We decided to stay in tonight so my husband is cooking. LOL. He makes me cook mostly during the week. but usually takes over on weekends because I am so bad. I just went out to kitchen and he made a lemon anchovy sauce for the spinach! YUM! He is such a great cook. I can't wait till he retires which will be soon and I will never cook again. At least that is my plan! LOL

This is a really late reply, but...

Thanks Pirl...thankfully it's not work, it's fun stuff. :-)

Kelley, what a bummer about your camera! Yeah, if you've tried several lenses and continue to have the same issues, it does sound like the camera itself. As much as I love Pentax, if you've invested a bunch of money in Canon lenses then you might be better off sticking with Canon.

Excellent (non)-cooking plan! ;-)

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

This beautiful photo caught my eye, just lovely sunnyg and then Kell's tuna casserole story had me chocking up laughing! Good thing I wasn't drinking anything. :-)

This message was edited Mar 2, 2012 7:10 PM

Thanks Sue! ...and yes, I think I'll pass on Kelley's tuna casserole. ;-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.