February 15th, 2012: Touch-me-not (Mimosa pudica) by Dinu

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

The Bloom of the Day for February 15th, 2012 was Touch-me-not (Mimosa pudica).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2012-02-15

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Neat!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

I want to improve on that shot. This was an improvement on its predecessor from a very cheap camera. Now I must try one with SLR. The plant is not in my yard at present... lots of them in our work campus. Thanks for this, Kell.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I can't wait to see your next shot of it, Dinu. I just love it.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

It'll take time as I don't carry my camera [now without pocket Sony W120 - gone kaput :(]. But I like that flower. Each time I walk past it, I get the urge to bend down and take a picture!! But I end up touching the leaves [like a child] with the feet, watch the leaves fold and walk away! I am sure we all get so childlike when we see this unique plant! It is also a medicinal plant.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I had no idea it had such a pretty flower until I saw your picture. So nice.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Hi Kell. I had kept this thread up as unread for two and half years!!! Believe me! Now last weekend I was able to get down close on one flower on my tour. I posted it to the PF last night. Hope you like.

Even now, when I find this plant by the roadside my feet automatically reaches to touch and then I see the leaves fold up! I walk by these plants in the workplace campus from car park to the building deliberately.

Thumbnail by Dinu Thumbnail by Dinu Thumbnail by Dinu
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Well THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I love this flower! How great you got more shots and the shots are such good ones!.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Ya, I was happy too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.