My winter discovery

Alum Bridge, WV

It seems that I make an important discovery about the plants on my shelves each winter. You might think well of me for this but there is a problem. Each winter the discovery I make is the same as the one last year, and the year before last. My plants need repotting!

And I'm always surprised by how improved everything looks in a month or two.

Anyone else make this discovery?

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

LOL. I just sat down to take a break from repotting mine :) They ALL need it too.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours, Vadis!

Happy Valentine's Days to the rest of the members also ::))))

Connie

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Vadis,
I almost hate to go in the plant room.I am sooo far behind!
Happy Valentines Day to all!

Lynn

(tish) near Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Last year I tried to remember to write the repotting date on the plant label. This year I have been quite surprised how long its been since some of them had been repotted. A friend of mine repots every 3 or 4 or 6 months depending on the size of the plants (mini, semi-mini, standard). She takes off all the lower leaves and just lets the top three rows. Her plants grow back out fast and look really nice.

Happy "V" day!

tish

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

I can relate! But I'll do a few each day until they all get done. Sometimes you miss/forget one though!

Alum Bridge, WV

Those of you who are organized must lead rather dull lives, free from anxiety and the rush of pleasure that I get when something goes right. Like when I finally repot and then say to myself "what a good guy I am."

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Don't remind me... LOL

South, TX

I got so tired of that. That is why I love the semi hyrdro. They needed repotting all the time and after I got sick, it was a nightmare..

Columbus, OH

I go through the same thing...this needs repotting?! I just repotted it, didn't I? I found two episcias whose roots were squished into 2" pots, but the foliage covered the pot.

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

When I did that the last time, I "rediscovered" some "long lost" plants like two Kohlerias, a Peperomia and several others that I can't recall now...

(tish) near Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Then there are the pots of gesneriads....seemingly just pots of soil.....I'm waiting a long time for them to show some new growth. Best part about that is dumping out the soil and finding some viable rhizomes or tubers in there...always good to know its not gone for good afterall ! tish

MSU, MS(Zone 8a)

Yes, those little empty pots are always so interesting. You never know what may come up! I found a couple of little plants growing out of the bottom holes of a pot of chirita. I think they may be smithies.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.