http://www.masonhousegardens.com/vines_and_clematis.html

The first one shown is '911' .

Have you seen this variety?

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I haven't seen it.

(Zone 4b)

I wonder if it goes by another name.

Maybe if you call the company they'll have the answer.

Lilies often have another name.

(Zone 4b)

It must be the case that '911' is not an official name as even with lots of web searching it was hard to find. But it is shown here: http://www.bloomingbulb.com/p-50794-climbing-vine-clematis-911.aspx

It's very pretty. Are you going to order it or were you just curious about the name?

Most clematises that appear to be blue in photos are a shade of lavender in the garden but give the blue look.

(Zone 4b)

Quote from pirl :
Are you going to order it or were you just curious about the name?

Yup i.e. just curious about the name.

I do love clems but after planting so many the last 2 seasons I really have no room for any more. Of course this might change depending on which if any don't make it through their first (or second winter). Having said this I do hope to find a place for two new ones....and that's it!

- Vienetta and Madame Julia Correvon

I'm with you. I, too, planted so many in just over a year, that I'm seriously short of room. My memory is getting fuzzy but I think I planted 25 or more new clem's in 18 months. Now I'm just waiting for them to grow.

I lost my Vienetta but Madame Julia Correvon was planted last fall and I just hope she's as lush as the photos on PF show her to be.

(Zone 4b)

Quote from pirl :
I'm with you. I, too, planted so many in just over a year, that I'm seriously short of room. My memory is getting fuzzy but I think I planted 25 or more new clem's in 18 months. Now I'm just waiting for them to grow.[/quote]

pirl, that sounds just like me and I bet your property is larger than mine.

[quote="pirl"]II lost my Vienetta but Madame Julia Correvon was planted last fall and I just hope she's as lush as the photos on PF show her to be.

I wouldn't consider planting a florida 'Sieboldii' like Vienetta except I have a friend who is very successful with his in a zone 3 climate! His "secret" is to plant it up against a warm home foundation.

And again just like you I am wanting that vigour I have heard so much about re "Madame Julia Correvon".

We only have half an acre.

I kept Vienetta in a pot for the first year. There was one feeble bloom but I've had better first blooms on the ones I've bought from Walmart and Home Depot when I've kept them potted.

In the past I've ordered a total of five Venosa Violacea. One was really 'The President', another (from a failed co-op) failed to even show a leaf and in that co-op another was substituted for the second VV I wanted. Two more failed from Walmart/Home Depot. Maybe I should just give up and realize it wasn't meant to be. We always seem to want the elusive ones.

(Zone 4b)

Quote from pirl :
We only have half an acre.

Lucky you. We have much less than that. I would love to move if only to get more land to garden!

Many people on our peninsula have an acre and two have a few acres. We're on one of the 10 smallest pieces but before this house Jack and I had 60 x 100 and were quite happy with it - we didn't grow clematises back then...or a lot of other plants!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.