Sorting & Storing Fabric Scraps

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

Looking for ideas on how to sort and store my fabric scraps.

I have lots and lots of scraps that end up getting stacked here and stacked there with no organization of any kind.

If I have smaller pieces left from a bolt I tend to cut them in to fat eights or fat quarters but I also have lots of scraps that can't be cut in to that.

So, how does everyone sort and store their scraps? Do you go by color? Season? Novelty? etc... and if you go by color do you take the main fabric color? Or do you use the one that pops out of the print?

Just looking for some ideas on what to do and how to store mine since they are currently a giant mess. Just today I was looking through a pile of scraps and I was like "wow! I didn't know I had this!" ugh... So, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance as always to my fellow quilters/sewers, your advice and ideas are always appreciated.

Bev

This thread has 33 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!