Look what is blooming!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Lot of bulbs, corms and tubers starting to bloom for me her ein the Southwest.

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I am excited lots of bulbs are starting to bloom!

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5 Thumbnail by Desertdenial5 Thumbnail by Desertdenial5 Thumbnail by Desertdenial5 Thumbnail by Desertdenial5
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Love this one. So very delicate Tropaeolum tricolor

This message was edited Feb 15, 2012 8:42 AM

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Forgot to include this little guy

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

They are gorgeous - can you name them for us?

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Pictures 1,3 & 4 are different types of oxalis. 2 is a misc daffodil that came in a mix. 4 is a variety of Tulbaghia. 6 is a unidentified cyranthus

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Desert, thanks for sharing your pretty little flowers for a day here that is sunny and 50 degrees with nothing blooming yet! :( I keep looking at my gardens and watching them slowly wake up. I have lots of little bulbs peeking their little green leaves up.

Oxalis are so sweet. Most of them will not make it outside here in zone 6b. I like their leaves as well as their dainty flowers.

On your second post, the third flower, it looks like an allium. Tulbahgia is a new one to me. When I looked it up on DG, it grows in zone 7 or warmer which is probably why I am unfamiliar with it.

Your last photo, your fourth post, looks like Iris riticulata: http://northernshade.ca/2010/04/27/gorgeous-iris-reticulata-cantab/
Whatever it is, it is beautiful.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Birder you could be right about the last one. I have no idea where I even got them from but they sure are cute little flowers and were a nice surprise.

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

I have had Iris riticulata in the past. They are suppose to naturalize, but mine disappeared. :(
Again, thanks for sharing your pretty spring flowers. Keep them coming!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.